What did you do to your KK today? - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #316
swamppro
2008 KK Liberty 

Just picked up my lifted kk. Now the tire shopping begins. Funny, when I went and got it my wife laughed and said I definitely need bigger tires! Gotta love her.

swamppro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #317
VegasDragger45
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamppro
Just picked up my lifted kk. Now the tire shopping begins. Funny, when I went and got it my wife laughed and said I definitely need bigger tires! Gotta love her.
That's awesome. My wife hates small tires when I had my 03 ram I lifted it and never bought tires. She hated the look that she bought them for me. Waiting to see pics of the lift. How is the spacing between the uca and spring?
2010 KK, 2" Daystar lift, 245/75/16 BFG All-Terrains, interior LED's, front rear and cargo liner weather tech's, Pioneer AVH-p4400BT, GEX-P920XM, Kicker 6" in front 5 1/4" in rear, PB 2.75" in dash, Kicker 300.1 amp, Pioneer TS-SWX310, JK light bar with Hella 500 ff and 100w bulb, BOYO rear view camera, JBA exhaust, K&N drop in filter and more to come.
VegasDragger45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #318
swamppro
2008 KK Liberty 

I am going to look at it in a few. My mechanic said everything looks kosher. I need to replace shocks just need to get them ordered. Surprised how it rides smoother and quieter since the motor is higher.
swamppro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #319
TheFunkra
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575

Are the blackout assembly's basically plug and play. Replace the housing an plug right in to existing wires?
It is. I went the embarrassing route and ordered through a dealer and had them install it. I'm not too car savvy.

The biggest difference is I went from a 'Sport' headlamp to the 'Jet' headlamp. I previously had no fog lights (chrome caps) and now have the complete headlight and fog housing. Currently my fog lights are not functional but now have the option to install that kit later on. The dealership did describe the install as straight forward as plugging the new wires into the existing housing.
TheFunkra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #320
Millitcb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkra

It is. I went the embarrassing route and ordered through a dealer and had them install it. I'm not too car savvy.

The biggest difference is I went from a 'Sport' headlamp to the 'Jet' headlamp. I previously had no fog lights (chrome caps) and now have the complete headlight and fog housing. Currently my fog lights are not functional but now have the option to install that kit later on. The dealership did describe the install as straight forward as plugging the new wires into the existing housing.
Where did you buy them from
Millitcb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #321
TheFunkra
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millitcb

Where did you buy them from
I went to the Jeep dealership I bought my KK from and ordered the headlamps from their service center. It took about a week for the lamps to get to the dealership, then I had them install them. Unfortunately it cost an arm and a leg. $204 per headlamp (x2) + $82.50 for labor = Yikes.
TheFunkra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #322
mykpar73

just bought a '12 liberty jet, traded in an 01 cherokee sport, please forgive my lack of knowledge but why is a 2012 liberty given the kk moniker?? and question 2, i want to install a back up camera in my jeep, is it possible to hook one up to my factory nav/radio screen or will i need to have a seperate external screen installed?
mykpar73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #323
scorpionarmor55
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykpar73
just bought a '12 liberty jet, traded in an 01 cherokee sport, please forgive my lack of knowledge but why is a 2012 liberty given the kk moniker?? and question 2, i want to install a back up camera in my jeep, is it possible to hook one up to my factory nav/radio screen or will i need to have a seperate external screen installed?
You can always add a "lock pick" system from ebay about $200+which will give you that function along with 3 separate a/v inputs iPod control, can output video from iPhone to radio(I.e netflix&) ability to enter address while in motion. It was pretty easy to install.

As far as calling it "KK" it's the first two letters in the vehicle designation. it changes with a major revision ( 1st gen Libby=KJ, 2nd gen= KK)
scorpionarmor55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #324
jdarnelljeep

Any body know how to get the spring in the door( on the hinges) to go back in I can't get it to lock in on a really cold day and it poped out
jdarnelljeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #325
chaosmoose

Just hit 200 miles in my KK. They grow up so fast. :'(
chaosmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #326
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarnelljeep View Post
Any body know how to get the spring in the door( on the hinges) to go back in I can't get it to lock in on a really cold day and it poped out
Hey Jdarnelljeep, would it be ok if I move your question to a new post? It may help you receive answers quicker?
Unread 05-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #327
LibertyRS
2012 KK Liberty 

Just did a retro fit of some projectors

image-399191234.jpg

image-3394216059.jpg

Painting the inside housing and retro fitted some projectors
LibertyRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #328
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I like the look!! How do they work for lighting the road?
And
Where is the write up and how to do it photos?
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #329
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Always liked the look of matching the bezels with the body color. I was thinking about doing it with my red, but I'm not so sure anymore. Anyways, the projectors look great. Any more pics? How do they perform?
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #330
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

oh wow how much that cost?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.