What did you do to your KK today? - Page 192 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #2866
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575
Loving this snow! Adore my KC's. Lights off Lights on Such a difference! Can't wait for the roof bar. Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
What KCs do you have up front?

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
98ZJ SFD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #2867
Sagerist

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMarine View Post
They are Rigid Industries 6 light LED bars. They are INTENSE! changes night time to day time.

I got them from Olympic 4x4, it's a local 4x4 shop that specializes in Jeep off road parts and has a full scrap yard of jeeps to go through. They were only $200.00 bucks for 4 of them.

http://www.oly4x4.com
Nice! Rigid makes great lights and i like the look of that. Wonder how those compared to their Duallys, because thats a great price and a clean look!
Colorado Jeep Club Member #286
89 YJ 2.5L
OME 36R's, Bilstein 5100's, Bserk 5/8" shackles, 33x10.5 BFG's on 15x8

09 KK Sport 4X4
235/75/16 GY Slnt Armor
CB 2' Firestik
Fire/EMS Radio
Sagerist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #2868
RMarine
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagerist View Post
Nice! Rigid makes great lights and i like the look of that. Wonder how those compared to their Duallys, because thats a great price and a clean look!
Thanks! I'm extremely happy with it and wanted to go with something that style vs the round style light as I thought it fit it better.

That's a good question. Next time I go into Olympic 4x4 I'll have to check them out and take some pics. I've thought about switching over to double row later on down the line and moving two of the current ones up front after I put on the recovery hitch and moving two to the back of the rack for extra back up lights.
RMarine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #2869
bigbentx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMarine
Got my roof basket on with lights and my cb mounted this past week! gotta figure out what to do next. probably new tires.
I'm looking into getting the defender basket, eventually. How did you mount the basket to your rails?
bigbentx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 04:03 AM   #2870
ChippyKK10
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER View Post
I took my KK to go look at adopting a big brother... Found it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Ok,Ok enough suspense!! what big brother have you adopted???????
Unread 02-07-2014, 08:37 AM   #2871
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Well I was a little too late on pulling the trigger on a immaculate 93 XJ

LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #2872
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

Added Tuff Stuff 22" LED bar to the JK bar up front. It is so much brighter then the two hellas I had originally.
Unread 02-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #2873
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Nice!!

LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #2874
Seagull96
2010 KK Liberty 

First impressions for the Viper TB doing regular driving were exceptionally favorable. I got to do some driving through town, on the road, and on the highway. I must say that without a doubt there is indeed a lot more power. Through town wasn't much different than before. On the road, it seemed much easier to keep speed through the hills. On the highway it felt wonderful though. Cruising, it felt like there was much more spare power that could be readily accessed, even though the engine didn't ever seem to need it.

Very worthwhile mod in my opinion, though I did make note that you probably won't be able to do it and keep your stock intake, as the coupler on that is quite small by comparison to the size coupler you'll need for the new TB. The other part is that the coupler seems to be attached to the stock intake tube, so you may have trouble getting it off.

"If everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!"
Seagull96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #2875
Sagerist

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by staubitzk View Post
Added Tuff Stuff 22" LED bar to the JK bar up front. It is so much brighter then the two hellas I had originally.
you feel like this review is right or he's full of crap?

I purchased this light a couple months back. It seems that they have since updated the optics on this light as it now looks slightly different than the one that I received.
With the light I received there's no telling where the flood/spot patterns start and stop when viewing the lit light pattern or visually inspecting the lens.
I purchased this light as a low cost alternative to a Rigid Industries light bar. Although the build quality seems fair I feel that the Chinese bars are still lacking in the optics and how the usable light is focused.
My recommendation would be don't waste your money on a combo pattern light when the Chinese brands are concerned. Go for a straight Spot pattern.
We did a side by side comparison with a rigid light in a flat area in the desert. The rigid flood/spot cut through the darkness and you can see an obvious spot pattern. This light is a big disappointment where there isn't stuff like trees or bushes for the light to bounce off of and there isn't a discernible spot pattern. It simply doesn't cut through the darkness like the rigids.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #286
89 YJ 2.5L
OME 36R's, Bilstein 5100's, Bserk 5/8" shackles, 33x10.5 BFG's on 15x8

09 KK Sport 4X4
235/75/16 GY Slnt Armor
CB 2' Firestik
Fire/EMS Radio
Sagerist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #2876
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull96 View Post
First impressions for the Viper TB doing regular driving were exceptionally favorable. I got to do some driving through town, on the road, and on the highway. I must say that without a doubt there is indeed a lot more power. Through town wasn't much different than before. On the road, it seemed much easier to keep speed through the hills. On the highway it felt wonderful though. Cruising, it felt like there was much more spare power that could be readily accessed, even though the engine didn't ever seem to need it.

Very worthwhile mod in my opinion, though I did make note that you probably won't be able to do it and keep your stock intake, as the coupler on that is quite small by comparison to the size coupler you'll need for the new TB. The other part is that the coupler seems to be attached to the stock intake tube, so you may have trouble getting it off.
I like that you have the K&N and the Hypertech, too!
I'll keep reading your posts about the Viper throttle body.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #2877
nfodzy
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHoleton View Post
I had my OEM hitch installed today. Hated paying for it but I need to haul a trailer soon and it's too damn cold to do myself.
Looks good! Did you get it installed at the dealer? How much was it!
Unread 02-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #2878
nfodzy
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
Nice Mod! wish the manufacturer had some sense to put in the Lib, a great safety feature to have when one is getting back in their rig and there is black ice all over the place.
Looks sweet! Might have to get myself some and do it too, how did you wire it?
Unread 02-07-2014, 06:53 PM   #2879
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfodzy
Looks good! Did you get it installed at the dealer? How much was it!
I had the dealer install it. Came to $82. Not horrible considering they should have flashed the computer while they were at it
BenHoleton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #2880
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHoleton View Post
I had the dealer install it. Came to $82. Not horrible considering they should have flashed the computer while they were at it
Ran into a guy at a carwash, he had an Xterra lifted with a Yakima basket and LED's, he said exactly what you said it basically turns night into day. The LED set he bought he basically told can take a lot of abuse too, he spent a lot of coin on them. Your lights look great! I can't get them for my Jeep I'll get into too much trouble lol. Especially from those individuals driving imports lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.