What did you do to your KK today? - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #226
Irishgrrrl78
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin11

Lol after the first few I gave up. Now my front bumper is rashed up pretty good. And I have fingers down both sides from the brush. I can get the sides out but the bumpers will have to be sanded and repainted.
Thanks, Jeepin! I feel a little better now! LOL!

Unread 04-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #227
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgrrrl78 View Post
Buffed the first scratch out of it. It did come out . . . mostly.
What did you do? Scratches don't simply appear out of no where!!! Come on, there is a story to tell behind every scratch.
Unread 04-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #228
Irishgrrrl78
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen

What did you do? Scratches don't simply appear out of no where!!! Come on, there is a story to tell behind every scratch.
Jon, I honestly have no clue and it's driving me nuts!!! I have been babying the Jeep ever since we brought it home (one month and two days ago) so I have no idea.
Unread 04-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #229
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgrrrl78

Jon, I honestly have no clue and it's driving me nuts!!! I have been babying the Jeep ever since we brought it home (one month and two days ago) so I have no idea.
Parking lot? Runaway basket or a hit and run?
Unread 04-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #230
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgrrrl78 View Post
I didn't really figure you knew, I can tell from your post that you baby and protect your KK to well. Just a little friendly kidding on my part.

My first scratch/minor dent or ding, came from my Niece closing the rear seat seatbelt buckle in the back door at the airport a week after I purchased my KK.
Unread 04-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #231
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

Ive owned a bunch of new cars and no matter how hard you try at some point youll get a scratch or dent from someone or something. It seems harder i try to keep it looking perfect then something will happen.
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #232
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I have a good friend who still once he buys a new truck grabs a hammer and puts a few dents in the bed of his truck as soon as he has signed the papers. He says he may as well go ahead and get it over with and have the pleasure of doing it himself. He has done this for the 30 plus years I have known him.
Unread 04-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #233
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Turned an even 10K on the clicker

Sorry for the huge pic - I'm learning new stuff with a new smart phone I got yesterday and the photobucket app.

My previous phone was a dinosaur flip-phone so this is all new to me.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #234
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC
Turned an even 10K on the clicker

Sorry for the huge pic - I'm learning new stuff with a new smart phone I got yesterday and the photobucket app.

My previous phone was a dinosaur flip-phone so this is all new to me.
I took a pic of the 10k mark too when my hubby's JK hit it. LOL I've only got about 650 miles on the KK so far....
Unread 04-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #235
Irishgrrrl78
2012 KK Liberty 

The scratch did come out almost completely, so I can't complain. You have to be RIGHT ON TOP OF IT to see it now, where it was pretty obvious before. And honestly guys, it's probably a VERY good thing that I don't know who put it there! I'm pretty sure the hubby doesn't want to have to bail me out of jail! LOL!
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #236
GoodPrepper

Installed my CB finally! Here's the write up:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/.../#post13381294
GoodPrepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #237
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

Oil changed, had remote start installed, and picked up my skid plates.

image-1783049173.jpg

Looking forward to the weekend project with the little guy.

As an aside, I need a new jack and stands. What height should I be looking for?
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #238
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoerikson3 View Post
Oil changed, had remote start installed, and picked up my skid plates.

Attachment 378134

Looking forward to the weekend project with the little guy.

As an aside, I need a new jack and stands. What height should I be looking for?
Skid plate package = awesome!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #239
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I actually washed it the other day and found a bunch of scratches I didn't even know I had. My parents think I went wheeling through some bushes or something and I honestly haven't lol. I think it's from sitting in the school parking lot...

I have bad luck with parking lots, back in high school I ended up with a big ding and chipped paint.... the day I left my old car(it was an 06, and I graduated in Spring of 2011) in the Teacher's Parking lot lol.

Anyways, after class today, I went to the ex's school to get some ice cream with her. She bet I wouldn't climb over the mound to get into the street....well she lost that bet and paid for my ice cream. It was all good until I got back in the truck and noticed 2 water stains on the posts next to the sun visors....I guess my skyslider is leaking )=

So tomorrow(today for me as its 4 in the morning lol) I'm calling the dealer to make an appointment. I was gonna wait til May when I'm out of school and won't need to drive 70miles a day, but with a leak I'm not waiting. So now the list goes from the clock being slow(just wanna mention that), and the tranny acting up, to a leak.
Bmxer524 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 05:00 AM   #240
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Now you do know that the stain and skyslider leak are not a product of the Liberty...It has more to do with the Karma of going to have ice cream with the EX!!!!! That will get you everytime one way or another.....lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.