What did you do to your KK today? - Page 138 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #2056
brunolambert
2008 KK Liberty 

2000 pounds badly placed on the trailer. The KK sure didn't have any problem towing it, but bumps were interesting with the weight being on the back of the trailer. Would not have done this a long ride.

Hopefully Gareraid will (finally) notice the air dam (or lack of).

2013-10-24-07.32.02.jpg  
brunolambert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #2057
AtTheHelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER
Collecting quotes to get a lift installed on my Liberty. A local 4wd shop gave me a quote of 1500 otd for the OME lift and 1600 for the skyjacker lift with montoube shocks. Also got my can of spray touch up paint. Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Why not pay JBA to assemble the fronts for you and install yourself? You'd have to buy the front coil spring iso's plus the top plates but it would make it easy. You don't even have to do that, also you could just take out the old assembly and bring that part to a shop with the new springs and shocks.
AtTheHelm is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 04:03 AM   #2058
Stang977
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
finally got it registered in Illinois. need to get some nice license plate frames soon. Anybody have some good ones?
I went with WeatherTech frames (ordered with my floor mats)

http://www.weathertech.com/license-plate-frames/

Black PlateFrame
Fuel Revolver 16X8
Rock Lizard Basket Rack

Her- 2011 WK2 Laredo X, Brilliant Black
Stang977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:14 AM   #2059
Stang977
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I only put a list of the items together for an affordable "KIT"
Agreed

I buy plenty of Heavy Equipment parts at work. I can always save money by buying things piece by piece rather than a kit. However, I don't always have the time to sit with a parts book and figure out all of the individual parts I need. Sometimes I find it's just easier to buy a kit at a premium and move on to the next thing.

Lets say the average person, that has no knowledge of this forum and the vast amount of information that can be found here, happens upon Jeepin's website looking for a lift. They then find a pre-packaged kit with exactly what they are looking for and they are happy. Great for them.

Now, if this same person then want's to take the time to break down the kit into parts and finds that they can save $200. More power to them.

Paying a premium for pre-packaging happens everywhere, it's really up to the consumer to decide if they want to spend the time to part out.

I can buy the steel cheaper than I can buy the RL rack that I just ordered. Just because I can weld, does not mean I actually have the time to fab one. Sometimes life gets in the way. JMO
Fuel Revolver 16X8
Rock Lizard Basket Rack

Her- 2011 WK2 Laredo X, Brilliant Black
Stang977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #2060
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunolambert View Post
2000 pounds badly placed on the trailer. The KK sure didn't have any problem towing it, but bumps were interesting with the weight being on the back of the trailer. Would not have done this a long ride.

Hopefully Gareraid will (finally) notice the air dam (or lack of).
I see I see!

Wonder what a good use for it is now that it's off and collecting dust in my room.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #2061
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
Instead of an answer like that why not enlighten everyone? Here is a list of everything listed in your kit at list price bought individually.

Front springs 140
Front shocks 264
Arms 396
Rear shocks 165
Rear springs 190
Clevis spacers 17
Top plates 28

Total 1200
Maybe the fronts come assembled? That would add an extra $120 for assembly and $156 for new strut mounts. Totaling ~$1480 for the whole thing
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #2062
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
Maybe the fronts come assembled? That would add an extra $120 for assembly and $156 for new strut mounts. Totaling ~$1480 for the whole thing
That would be plausible.
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #2063
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid
Please keep us updated on this. Few people like me actually care about mpg. The air dam is really stupid, but if we can actually verify the loss of mpg from it, that would be cool. Not positive, but the only thing I noticed with the air dam off is the Jeep wants to wonder on the road a little more.
On this last fill up I got 17.06mpg doing close to the same type of driving as the last tank. And that's with the air dam off. So I think I'll remove it for the winter. I'm also going to check psi tonight and see where that is. I've been trying to check one area per tank to see where the difference may lie.

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
98ZJ SFD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #2064
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJ SFD View Post
On this last fill up I got 17.06mpg doing close to the same type of driving as the last tank. And that's with the air dam off. So I think I'll remove it for the winter. I'm also going to check psi tonight and see where that is. I've been trying to check one area per tank to see where the difference may lie.
Don't be afraid to bump up the pressure a little.
If they're at 34, try 37. If the ride is too harsh, try 34 again.
You've got the Duratracs, right? Someone may even be able to tell you a good psi for them.
Unread 10-26-2013, 05:20 AM   #2065
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Yep, I have the DuraTracs. I'll check the psi this morning and see where I'm at.

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:23 AM   #2066
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Yep, I have the DuraTracs. I'll check the psi this morning and see where I'm at.
How many miles on the rig? I would double check the air filter and take a look at the throttle body since it'll take about 10 whole minutes. I also wonder if your gas station started using the "winter blend" yet that always gives lower gas mileage.
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #2067
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid
How many miles on the rig? I would double check the air filter and take a look at the throttle body since it'll take about 10 whole minutes. I also wonder if your gas station started using the "winter blend" yet that always gives lower gas mileage.
I just rolled over 11,000 miles. I haven't checked the air filter as I can't imagine it'd be that bad but I suppose it wouldn't hurt. And I'm sure the gas stations around here are starting to switch if they haven't already. We've had snow showers the past few days and night temperatures in the 30s. I'm sure they're gearing up for winter.

Previous
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #2068
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I just rolled over 11,000 miles. I haven't checked the air filter as I can't imagine it'd be that bad but I suppose it wouldn't hurt. And I'm sure the gas stations around here are starting to switch if they haven't already. We've had snow showers the past few days and night temperatures in the 30s. I'm sure they're gearing up for winter.
Only 11K? Engine isn't even past the break-in period. I thought it was at 15K if I remember correctly.
If that's the case, you're actually getting really good mpg.
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #2069
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Got up to wash the Liberty and the mrs's and thought my KK had a funny lean to it.. Then I saw my front left tire was flat..

I'm at discount tire getting new Cooper Discoverer tires put on. 247-70-16s
LKWJEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #2070
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
Don't be afraid to bump up the pressure a little.
If they're at 34, try 37. If the ride is too harsh, try 34 again.
You've got the Duratracs, right? Someone may even be able to tell you a good psi for them.
I run about 36psi. It's what the tire shop put it, and what seems to be wearing the best for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.