What did you do to your KK today? - Page 128 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 10-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #1906
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaki
How does that Curt hitch compare to the mopar one?
It sits about 4" lower, maybe a little less but the OEM one tucks up nicely. There is an outline molded in the plastic facia that has to be cut to clear the OEM hitch where all of the others are well below. I'm sure the capacity is fine but the location isn't, unless you never intend to go off road.

2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #1907
Stang977
2012 KK Liberty 

Ordered a Rocklizard Gecko basket rack.
Fuel Revolver 16X8

Her- 2011 WK2 Laredo X, Brilliant Black
Stang977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #1908
JoeTDI
2012 KK Liberty 

The Curt was cheaper and a quicker, easier install being I didn't have to cut out the outlined area in the bumper.... 6 bolts and good to go....

I see the point of wanting it tucked up higher for off road use, but like I said our KK is the wife's for grocery shopping and bring the baby to Dr. Visits etc... I only tow cars with it when one of my VW's or TJ needs a tow to the shop or if a friend breaks down and needs a tow.... Recovery vehicle.

The more reasonable price of the Curt setup did it for me...
Unread 10-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #1909
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTDI
The Curt was cheaper and a quicker, easier install being I didn't have to cut out the outlined area in the bumper.... 6 bolts and good to go....

I see the point of wanting it tucked up higher for off road use, but like I said our KK is the wife's for grocery shopping and bring the baby to Dr. Visits etc... I only tow cars with it when one of my VW's or TJ needs a tow to the shop or if a friend breaks down and needs a tow.... Recovery vehicle.

The more reasonable price of the Curt setup did it for me...
X 2.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #1910
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

I removed my air dam (yesterday).

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
98ZJ SFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #1911
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJ SFD View Post
I removed my air dam (yesterday).
Free inch of extra clearance for the front bumper.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #1912
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Yep. Now I'm trying to figure out (and budget) what's next for the KK.

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
Unread 10-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #1913
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Yep. Now I'm trying to figure out (and budget) what's next for the KK.
What were your thoughts? How about just some fluid changes that are cheap and give peace of mind?

That was my last thing I did to the Jeep. All driveline fluids have been changed under my KK.
Unread 10-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #1914
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Well I've only recently (last week) rolled over 10,000 miles. Is it necessary already?

I was looking to start with new tires. I was looking at 225/75/16 Duratracs. But I'm on the fence. I thought about getting them to replace my "summer" tires and to run them this winter. I'm scheduled to throw on some Cooper Discoverer M+S tires in November. The price is a couple hundred more than the Coopers but I would just run them year round instead of swapping each season. But I commute 44 miles per day on the highway and would hate to wear those tires out just cruising.

Since I have so few miles at this point, my warranty is good for a while so I'm holding off on a lift until the warranty is up. I know modifications can be hit or miss as far as their effect on warranty (as well as the mindset of the dealer) but I don't want any headaches. I'm also considering the Wrangler light bar for some extra vision. I also want to finish up my LED conversion.

Previous
Unread 10-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #1915
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Well I've only recently (last week) rolled over 10,000 miles. Is it necessary already?

I was looking to start with new tires. I was looking at 225/75/16 Duratracs. But I'm on the fence. I thought about getting them to replace my "summer" tires and to run them this winter. I'm scheduled to throw on some Cooper Discoverer M+S tires in November. The price is a couple hundred more than the Coopers but I would just run them year round instead of swapping each season. But I commute 44 miles per day on the highway and would hate to wear those tires out just cruising.

Since I have so few miles at this point, my warranty is good for a while so I'm holding off on a lift until the warranty is up. I know modifications can be hit or miss as far as their effect on warranty (as well as the mindset of the dealer) but I don't want any headaches. I'm also considering the Wrangler light bar for some extra vision. I also want to finish up my LED conversion.
Wow that thing is brand new! That's the size Duractracs I was looking at. Of course you'll get some flack for not upping the size, but whatever. You could switch to synthetic engine oil if you haven't already.

Might want to check the manual, but I believe at least the rear fluid gets changed at very short intervals of 15-20K, but don't quote me on that. Front diff, transfer case, and rear are very simple. If I can do it, anyone here can.

I vote for the light bar, but that also means you'll spend money on some more lights, unless you already have some.
Unread 10-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #1916
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

98ZJ, what part of Vermont? I grew up around Northfield, near Barre & Montpelier. Drove I-89 for years in winter, and wish I had a Jeep back then! Duratracs would be awesome up there in the snow. 225/75/R16 is the right size if you don't have a lift (or even if you do and want to maintain the majority of your gas mileage). I miss snow down here in Philly, but enjoy being able to get around in it when we get the occasional big storm.
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #1917
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid
Wow that thing is brand new! That's the size Duractracs I was looking at. Of course you'll get some flack for not upping the size, but whatever. You could switch to synthetic engine oil if you haven't already. Might want to check the manual, but I believe at least the rear fluid gets changed at very short intervals of 15-20K, but don't quote me on that. Front diff, transfer case, and rear are very simple. If I can do it, anyone here can. I vote for the light bar, but that also means you'll spend money on some more lights, unless you already have some.
Good to know, thanks. I'll check the manual and keep my eyes on the mileage. I bought from a dealer who offered a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty that includes all manufacturer recommended service. So I'm good for a little while longer on them taking care of things. I don't think I need to up the size of the tires just yet. Doesn't make sense for my needs in the immediate future. I'm a little sheepish at the moment for cutting into the front bumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward
98ZJ, what part of Vermont? I grew up around Northfield, near Barre & Montpelier. Drove I-89 for years in winter, and wish I had a Jeep back then! Duratracs would be awesome up there in the snow. 225/75/R16 is the right size if you don't have a lift (or even if you do and want to maintain the majority of your gas mileage). I miss snow down here in Philly, but enjoy being able to get around in it when we get the occasional big storm.
I'm in the Stowe/Waterbury area and work in Berlin. So I know exactly what you mean about I89. I'm curious about running the Duratracs year round. But the change in gas mileage is a concern given my daily commute.

Previous
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #1918
ArcticWC
2012 KK Liberty 

Making my first post here.
Just bought my Arctic yesterday so all I've done to it so far is drive it home from Des Moines, Iowa. I did get to test to make sure the gas light works...I knew what I was getting into. I'm looking forward to joining the Liberty community after browsing the forum and wanting a Liberty for many, many months. Just need to get it registered in IL and get it officially added to my insurance policy. So far the only additions I really want to make are some cross rails and a snowboard rack. It already has the factory towing packing and step rails. Has a slight stain in the headliner around the corner of the sunroof, so I'm going to have to clean out the drain tubes. Is there a permanent fix for this?

Anyway, I love this vehicle and I'm really happy with my purchase.
ArcticWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #1919
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Congrats on the purchase!

Previous
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #1920
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

lfhoward, think gas mileage would change from stock to that size Duratracs? That's the current size I have...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.