What did you do to your KK today? - Page 126 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 09-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #1876
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid

I guess this is your answer, Ted. Def remove it when you do your front diff oil. Gives much more clearance for your hand and the bottle, unless your have one of those gadgets.
I have a gadget ;-) I was more concerned about removing the diff cover and if that would allow access to it. I think my only options are to remove the axle or get one of those tiny camera things and poke it into the service holes to see the ring and pinion.

Unread 09-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #1877
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
I have a gadget ;-) I was more concerned about removing the diff cover and if that would allow access to it. I think my only options are to remove the axle or get one of those tiny camera things and poke it into the service holes to see the ring and pinion.
Do you recall if I need one of those fancy gadgets for the transfer case?
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #1878
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid

Do you recall if I need one of those fancy gadgets for the transfer case?
I wish I'd had one when I did mine. Btw, it takes more than the manual says to fill it. About two more quarts.
What I did was put one of those pointed caps on the bottle and used a piece of 5/16" fuel line pushed onto that. I was able to turn the bottle upside down and squeeze out the fluid right into the transfer case. Did the same the first time I replaced the diff fluids.
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #1879
JoeTDI
2012 KK Liberty 

Picked this up a couple weeks ago
2012 w/24K miles

Already got a bunch of goodies in the mail: K&N panel filter, rain guards, Curt tow package, headlight masks, another key (only came with one!)
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #1880
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Plasti dip and removing the airdam included?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
LKWJEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #1881
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I wish I'd had one when I did mine. Btw, it takes more than the manual says to fill it. About two more quarts.
What I did was put one of those pointed caps on the bottle and used a piece of 5/16" fuel line pushed onto that. I was able to turn the bottle upside down and squeeze out the fluid right into the transfer case. Did the same the first time I replaced the diff fluids.
Sorry to ask, but how many quarts should I use then? Command Trac. I've been doing some reading, but not satisfied with the answers and they always seem debatable.

My instincts would be to fill it up to near the fill plug, but PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong. The number I seem to have found for the KK is 4 pints. I plan on buying the ATF+4 today so I can hopefully get this done tomorrow.
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #1882
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER View Post
Plasti dip and removing the airdam included?

Asking what I was applauding? Looks great with that plastidipped grille against your blue paint.

Also with the airdam removed, there's less of a risk of pulling the whole bumper cover off by accident from road debris or offroad.
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #1883
JoeTDI
2012 KK Liberty 

Headlight masks ready for paint

Painted and clear coated

Headlight masks installed

Rain guards installed

Curt tow package installed

Next up, 15% window tints, smoked tails & front blinkers, larger tires, possibly paint matched wheels in the future, and a 2" lift
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #1884
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
Asking what I was applauding? Looks great with that plastidipped grille against your blue paint.

Also with the airdam removed, there's less of a risk of pulling the whole bumper cover off by accident from road debris or offroad.
I should've quoted Joe. I was asking if he was going to dip and remove his airdam.

LKWJEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #1885
MGYP
2009 KK Liberty 

My wife made me take the day off from work in order to watch our baby for a bit. Baby slept, so I removed the air dam, removed & painted whatever chrome piece it is that rests above the airdam (my KK is now 100% de-chromed), installed a couple of new ZXE bulbs, & now I'm off to Home Depot to try to find something I can use to mount sand dune flags to somewhere on my front bumper. I really wish my wife would make me call into work more often.
MGYP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #1886
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTDI
Picked this up a couple weeks ago
2012 w/24K miles

Already got a bunch of goodies in the mail: K&N panel filter, rain guards, Curt tow package, headlight masks, another key (only came with one!)
You may want to rethink the hitch if you plan to wheel it. Just sayin
Unread 09-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #1887
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
They bounce good on rocks
Unread 09-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #1888
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd

They bounce good on rocks
Yup
Unread 09-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #1889
99JeepGC47
2008 KK Liberty 

Joe, where did you get the headlight masks?
99JeepGC47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #1890
JoeTDI
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I'll tow with it 100 times before I ever do extreme off road driving so it's not an issue.... the lift would be for a little more ground clearance and slightly larger tires, nothing extreme.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.