What did you do to your KK today? - Page 125 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 09-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #1861
99JeepGC47
2008 KK Liberty 

Will look to do the air dam tomorrow.

99JeepGC47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #1862
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85

Yeah that's twice in 6 months. D**** dump trucks almost busted my windshield out before they pulled their magic move. There were at least 3 all trying to go the same place so I guess they were watching each other and never saw me.
Glad you are ok too bad you didn't get a plate
Unread 09-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #1863
TIJKK1220
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99JeepGC47 View Post
Will look to do the air dam tomorrow.
Air Dam takes all of 5 seconds to take off.

I removed mine in the prep area of an off road park in less than 30 seconds.

It now has a permanent place in the shed at the house
TIJKK1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #1864
mtbiker
2011 KK Liberty 

Got an estimate to fix my Jeep due to a deer running into the drivers door Tuesday nite. Gonna have to replace the door. A new door is $1975!!!! Probably gonna end up w/ a used one. Total was just about $2500. Can't stand looking @ the caved in door. Hoping to drop it off Oct 7!!!
mtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #1865
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Tool Gageraid's advice and removed the air dam.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
1380465576891.jpg  
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #1866
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER View Post
Tool Gageraid's advice and removed the air dam.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #1867
grsmnky

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunolambert
Did a pretty bad paint job last week to fix some pole rubbing from last winter and put on winter tire + winter rim this week. It's way early, but my (stock) wrangler st were bald. Will need to do some tire shopping next spring.
I like the black steel wheels. Where did you get them? I'd like to get a set for winter tires.
grsmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #1868
brunolambert
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsmnky View Post
I like the black steel wheels. Where did you get them? I'd like to get a set for winter tires.
I asked for the cheapest rims at a local mechanic! That sounds bad eh, but it looks almost better than the stock mags on my KK.
brunolambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #1869
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunolambert View Post
I asked for the cheapest rims at a local mechanic! That sounds bad eh, but it looks almost better than the stock mags on my KK.
Do you know what the backspacing/width are on those ?
Any more info would be great
Thanks !!
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #1870
MGYP
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsmnky View Post
4wheelparts.com has got a ton of steel wheels for sale, w/ some 15"s as cheap as $50 ea.
MGYP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 04:25 AM   #1871
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello

Glad you are ok too bad you didn't get a plate
Shoot I wish I had. All I got was dust and rocks to the face! Hard to read a plate when you can't see the road in front of you. >:-(

Stupid truckers.
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:36 AM   #1872
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid

Hey, Ted. Does your KK have the plastic piece that runs from the filter area down to guide the oil if you drip any?

I took it off for a second the other day when I did my front diff oil (made it a hell of a lot easier to fill) and wondered if taking it off for oil changes would make it easier or harder...
Yes it does. I haven't even considered removing it, didn't look that close. Would the cover come off with that removed? I really need to get a good look at my gears and maybe a pic or two. Lots of noise and the mechanic tried to tell me it's either the tires (general at2's) or possibly a cv joint. Well, the tires don't slung like gears whining and cv joints click when they go bad. Besides, one of them is new and that guy checked the other one himself the last time I went in there. He's the one that found the bad axle and both CV's were good. The spline failed.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #1873
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGYP View Post
4wheelparts.com has got a ton of steel wheels for sale, w/ some 15"s as cheap as $50 ea.
Thats OK if you want the same belly button wheels everyone else has
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #1874
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
Hey, Ted. Does your KK have the plastic piece that runs from the filter area down to guide the oil if you drip any?

I took it off for a second the other day when I did my front diff oil (made it a hell of a lot easier to fill) and wondered if taking it off for oil changes would make it easier or harder...
If you're talking about the drain right below the oil filter its there to direct oil down and around everything as to not cause a huge mess. Removing it would let oil run everywhere
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #1875
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
If you're talking about the drain right below the oil filter its there to direct oil down and around everything as to not cause a huge mess. Removing it would let oil run everywhere
I guess this is your answer, Ted. Def remove it when you do your front diff oil. Gives much more clearance for your hand and the bottle, unless your have one of those gadgets.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.