What did you do to your KK today? - Page 123 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 09-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #1831
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstephens_kk

I don't want to come off sounding like an ***...but somebody would take off the fake air vents but then they put on a $600 Mopar fake light bar??? SMH

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
If it holds functional lights, how can it be fake?

2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #1832
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Seriously...
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #1833
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull96 View Post
Changed my cabin filters. Yuck!

How many miles do you have on your jeep before you changed the filters?
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #1834
pakman325
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjon View Post
Finished installing my new Cort trailer hitch yesterday before the Seahawks and what a job.Actually started on Sat.) First I couldn't get the bolt out of the frame,even with a 1/2" breaker bar and then second couldn't get some of the new bolts up thru the welded nuts on the frame. (broke my torque wrench trying and it was only set for 150#'s.) Will be taking it into a friends place that has an impact wrench to finish it.
Did the wiring for the trailer hitch and it took a bit longer than they said it would. The hardest part was trying to get the black wire down from the battery,thru the little cardboard thingy and along the wiring for the Brake Buddy that I have. Then I couldn't get any of the lights to test,bummer,now what's wrong? found out that my handy-dandy tester was bad. Bought a new one and everything is working fine.
Fired it up to get the new tester and the check engine light came on again. I've had a gascap problem since I bought the rig 2 1/2 months ago and it finally went away when I disconnected the battery the other day. Man.the dealer is gonna hate to see me coming again today.
I finished mine last night after 2 hours of trying for a "20-40 minute job". I ended up using impact wrenches and grinded down the first 2 threads of one of the bolts. I had a lot of junk up in there...
pakman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #1835
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
If it holds functional lights, how can it be fake?
It's even OEM.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #1836
bstephens_kk
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid
It's even OEM.
Alright guys...I get it...to each their own. I don't want to be the bad guy here. I just thought the removal of the stupid air vents was...interesting to say the least. But, if there's one thing I've learned since buying my jeep, the mods are seemingly endless. I am guilty of some...and I want to do a lot more...why??? Why the hell not. So again...I get it.

Back to the light bar though...functional...I suppose. Ridiculously priced if bought through Mopar? Big fat yes. Plastic rivets? Mopar at its finest. Please I'm dying to hear the arguments on this one.

bstephens_kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #1837
TheFunkra
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
Removed the fake fender vents.

I dig it! How'd you do it? Just open the hood and pop them off?
TheFunkra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #1838
Seagull96
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by staubitzk View Post
How many miles do you have on your jeep before you changed the filters?
I changed them right about 20,000 miles.

Today I gave her a bath and a wax! Also took the nasty dealer decals off it's mine now!
Seagull96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 02:44 AM   #1839
Smetna
2011 KK Liberty 

The diff fluid that came out after 20,000 miles looked totally fine, btw.

I'd recommend going at least 30k, maybe even 40k. At 20k, it looked new.
Smetna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #1840
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkra View Post
I dig it! How'd you do it? Just open the hood and pop them off?
Yes you have to open the hood. Took a little bit of force, I thought they would snap and break, but didn't. Might try to "wedge" something underneath it to make it easier.
Unread 09-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #1841
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstephens_kk View Post
Alright guys...I get it...to each their own. I don't want to be the bad guy here. I just thought the removal of the stupid air vents was...interesting to say the least. But, if there's one thing I've learned since buying my jeep, the mods are seemingly endless. I am guilty of some...and I want to do a lot more...why??? Why the hell not. So again...I get it.

Back to the light bar though...functional...I suppose. Ridiculously priced if bought through Mopar? Big fat yes. Plastic rivets? Mopar at its finest. Please I'm dying to hear the arguments on this one.

No one is the bad guy here. I got if off a member here and saved a little bit of money. About the plastic... that's what all vehicles are these days.

If you don't like the plastic, why would you want the vents on?

My main reason for doing it was to try something new I haven't seen a KK owner do yet. I'm always on that quest for being a little original and to help others out.
Unread 09-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #1842
khalilw
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
No one is the bad guy here. I got if off a member here and saved a little bit of money. About the plastic... that's what all vehicles are these days.

If you don't like the plastic, why would you want the vents on?

My main reason for doing it was to try something new I haven't seen a KK owner do yet. I'm always on that quest for being a little original and to help others out.
Too bad those vents are black, or you would have plasti-dipped them already
khalilw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #1843
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

I was supposed to go to the firing range today.

Instead I got run off the road by a dump truck and spent all day in the heat fixing my jeep up enough to drive it home.

Now I'm sore, the doctor put me on Mobic, lortab and tizanidine. Which means I'm still sore but also delusional and tired. My guns are upset because they never got shot. And I have insurance people to deal with. :BLECH:

And the driver never stopped. So its all on my insurance.

I discovered that those crappy plastic fender wells are useless decorations. There are real metal fender wells underneath.

I discovered this because the concrete driveway is 8 inches high and ate my bumper and one of my 31" guard dog MTs, which then ate the fender. I must have gone slightly airborne for the bumper to bite that 8 inch lip at all.

image-1943156655.jpg
Unread 09-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #1844
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Damn! I'm glad your okay.. Sucks the guy didn't stop. Some people just don't give a crap.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #1845
AtTheHelm

Josh this story sounds familiar.. Bad luck with getting run off the road?

Glad you're ok though
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.