What did you do to your KK today? - Page 117 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 09-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #1741
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524
Mattyvac, some diff covers fit. Not sure which ones though. I think Digger mentioned which fit for him. Gonna see if I can find it.
I think on lost there is a sticky in the KK section that digger posted links to numerous aftermarket parts for the KK including diff covers. I'm on my phone right now or I'd get the link for you.

Yakima Loadwarrior
JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #1742
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyC99 View Post
I think on lost there is a sticky in the KK section that digger posted links to numerous aftermarket parts for the KK including diff covers. I'm on my phone right now or I'd get the link for you.
That was my problem while I was in class. I'm gonna look now for it, I think it was in the tech section lol
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:05 AM   #1743
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

If anybody has an aftermarket rear diff cover or does find one and orders it you guys should post pics, would love to see one on a KK and hear how you like it.
Yakima Loadwarrior
JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:42 AM   #1744
khalilw
2011 KK Liberty 

Took this pics from customjeepkk.com

Maybe it helps.
khalilw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #1745
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Saw an awesome KK on my way home from work. Anyone here from Charlotte?
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #1746
Mattyvac
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalilw View Post
Took this pics from customjeepkk.com

Maybe it helps.
The problem with extended capacity covers like the one in the second photo is that with stock suspension, the track bar hits the cover and rubs, and even worse they start displacing each other.

In that second pic the KK also has a lift, so keep that in mind.

I bought a G2 8.25 rear diff cover but took it off since my trackbar was hitting it when going over speed bumps.
Mattyvac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #1747
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyvac

The problem with extended capacity covers like the one in the second photo is that with stock suspension, the track bar hits the cover and rubs, and even worse they start displacing each other.

In that second pic the KK also has a lift, so keep that in mind.

I bought a G2 8.25 rear diff cover but took it off since my trackbar was hitting it when going over speed bumps.
They are both lifted
Unread 09-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #1748
llm317
2011 KK Liberty 

I got hit by a bus. I have made exactly one payment on it. I just want to scream.

llm317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #1749
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by llm317 View Post
I got hit by a bus. I have made exactly one payment on it. I just want to scream.

WTF? How'd that happen? I hope everyone is okay!
Gageraid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #1750
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Wow!! I hope everyone is okay... That sucks!
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #1751
llm317
2011 KK Liberty 

Some stupid bus driver trying to bang a sharp left quickly to beat traffic who doesn't bother to notice me stopped at the stop sign waiting to turn left. Effing idiot. First words out of her mouth were "they'll never let me drive a bus again". Well sure enough, she was on the same route this morning. Unbelievable.
Unread 09-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #1752
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by llm317 View Post
Some stupid bus driver trying to bang a sharp left quickly to beat traffic who doesn't bother to notice me stopped at the stop sign waiting to turn left. Effing idiot. First words out of her mouth were "they'll never let me drive a bus again". Well sure enough, she was on the same route this morning. Unbelievable.
I would think insurance should cover everything. Any idea of any engine damage?
Gageraid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #1753
llm317
2011 KK Liberty 

No idea yet. Happened yesterday morning. She caught the passenger side corner & pushed me sideways 90 degrees. Knocked the tire right off the rim, fluids everywhere. No airbags deployed though. I think the engine was still running though.
Unread 09-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #1754
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Sorry to hear. I'd be heart broken if that was my KK. Hopefully everyone is ok. I hope the driver didn't pull a maneuver like that with kids on board!

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
98ZJ SFD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #1755
llm317
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJ SFD View Post
Sorry to hear. I'd be heart broken if that was my KK. Hopefully everyone is ok. I hope the driver didn't pull a maneuver like that with kids on board!
I am simultaneously heartbroken & pissed off. And yes, 7 kids on the bus. Luckily no one was injured. My insurance is handling all the crap, they'll deal with the school district's insurance company...one less hassle for me I suppose.

I wonder if it's the color. In the 6 weeks I've had it, I have had 3 close calls with idiot drivers & obviously 1 head on. Maybe I should have bought Rescue Green or Canyon Brown. I don't think these fools see black?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.