What did you do to your KK today? - Page 116 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #1726
Stang977
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
There'll be some after the M&G at Mudds this weekend I'm sure. If everything goes as planned, my gecko basket will be complet
Looks great. Gonna look even better with lights!

Fuel Revolver 16X8
Rock Lizard Basket Rack

Her- 2011 WK2 Laredo X, Brilliant Black
Stang977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #1727
NJEMT911
2012 KK Liberty 

Took my KK to Cabela's in PA last weekend and bought a new rifile.
imag0666_1.jpg

NJEMT911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #1728
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

MJEMT911, that is a great shot. You could do a promo for Jeep and Cabela's with that!
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #1729
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Went out on the weekend for a little mudding. This guy decided to come out with a stock grand Cherokee and needless to say it didn't end up well for him. First hill we climbed and he got stuck, backed up and ripped off his grille and bumper and one headlight clean off, the second came off after because it was just hanging there.

Then after he backed down the hill we decided to go another way. We thought the river was too high for him but he insisted on trying it. He ended up hydrolocking his engine and couldn't get out of the river. After I had to pull him out of the river we got him on dry land and tried to sort out the problem. Took the spark plugs out and about 2 hours total the guys actually got it going again but it was only good enough to get him out of the woods and home to his drive way. I can guarantee he didn't drive it to work on Monday morning with how ****ty that engine sounded after having water in it.
2013-09-07-13.06.19.jpg  
shawnicles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #1730
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnicles View Post
Went out on the weekend for a little mudding. This guy decided to come out with a stock grand Cherokee and needless to say it didn't end up well for him. First hill we climbed and he got stuck, backed up and ripped off his grille and bumper and one headlight clean off, the second came off after because it was just hanging there.

Then after he backed down the hill we decided to go another way. We thought the river was too high for him but he insisted on trying it. He ended up hydrolocking his engine and couldn't get out of the river. After I had to pull him out of the river we got him on dry land and tried to sort out the problem. Took the spark plugs out and about 2 hours total the guys actually got it going again but it was only good enough to get him out of the woods and home to his drive way. I can guarantee he didn't drive it to work on Monday morning with how ****ty that engine sounded after having water in it.
Sounds like quite the stubborn fella. Glad your KK did alright!
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #1731
NJEMT911
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post
MJEMT911, that is a great shot. You could do a promo for Jeep and Cabela's with that!
Thanks! If only they were still making the KKs.. lol
Unread 09-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #1732
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
Sounds like quite the stubborn fella. Glad your KK did alright!
Wow! Unbelievable! What year was his Grand Cherokee? I can't tell with the grille off.
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #1733
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post
Wow! Unbelievable! What year was his Grand Cherokee? I can't tell with the grille off.
Based off the 1 headlight it looks like a WJ, so that's 98(I think, not sure at all)-04?

Edit:Just googled it. WJ is 99-04
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #1734
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Yeah I think it was early 2000's....I think he was out a couple thousand at the end of the day.
shawnicles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:22 AM   #1735
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJEMT911 View Post
Took my KK to Cabela's in PA last weekend and bought a new rifile.
Damn I love that color...
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #1736
Mattyvac
2012 KK Liberty 

Well I learned the hard way that aftermarket diff covers dont fit the KK for various space and design reasons.

Installed my roof rack and 12" LED light bar. As well as the correct front tow hook brackets. Did some red ambient interior LED lights which are actually TOO bright for my liking.

Also changed my diff oil and spark plugs. I put a lube locker gasket on the rear diff so next time I need to change the oil in the 8.25 rear I won't have to reapply any gasket or scrape any off.

Looking into the bwoody sway bar links sometime soon...
Mattyvac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #1737
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Mattyvac, some diff covers fit. Not sure which ones though. I think Digger mentioned which fit for him. Gonna see if I can find it.
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #1738
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

More wiring fun: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=45&t=76635
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #1739
Mattyvac
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524 View Post
Mattyvac, some diff covers fit. Not sure which ones though. I think Digger mentioned which fit for him. Gonna see if I can find it.
The only reason i wanted an aftermarket diff cover for the rear was so I could add one that has a lower drain plug, that way I don't have to remove the entire plate to change the oil.

I tow every weekend so I change my diff oil every 15k miles...if I can find a stock capacity aftermarket cover for the 8.25 that will fit the kk's limited space and also has a lower drain plug I would buy it...
Mattyvac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #1740
NJEMT911
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER View Post
Damn I love that color...
Thank you very much.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.