What did you do to your KK today? - Page 110 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #1636
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

dropper the kk to the dealer ship again. lost my steering........ they have to replace the steering rack,

carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #1637
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

Got an alignment yesterday and day dreamed about new tires.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #1638
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremzj View Post
It's a thousand dollar option from the factory, it cost these people 3 times that.
Ouch.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #1639
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosburitica View Post
dropper the kk to the dealer ship again. lost my steering........ they have to replace the steering rack,

I thought this was only a problem with the 2008 model. Hopefully it happened in a safe place.
Unread 08-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #1640
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
I thought this was only a problem with the 2008 model. Hopefully it happened in a safe place.
i left the car for 5 days parked at the airport and once i started the steering was completely hard, i drove it to the nearest auto parts to refill the steering reservoir and nothing happened, drove straight to the dealer and..........
new steering rack... no ready yet. only need to pay for aliment.
carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #1641
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosburitica

i left the car for 5 days parked at the airport and once i started the steering was completely hard, i drove it to the nearest auto parts to refill the steering reservoir and nothing happened, drove straight to the dealer and..........
If the alignment is part of a covered repair I would think the alignment is also covered.
Unread 08-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #1642
jumpthis
2012 KK Liberty 

Installed my K&N Intake today
555539_10200455783982056_481780429_n.jpg  
jumpthis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #1643
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpthis View Post
Installed my K&N Intake today
Check your throttle body soon. They get a little oily from the filter. You can easily clean the throttle body in about 10 minutes. Little precautions you have to take when running with this kind of filter. I've had mine on for a year now with no problems.
Unread 08-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #1644
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosburitica View Post
Keep us posted if you have any additional info about this. Glad to hear no one was hurt.
Unread 08-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #1645
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid

Check your throttle body soon. They get a little oily from the filter. You can easily clean the throttle body in about 10 minutes. Little precautions you have to take when running with this kind of filter. I've had mine on for a year now with no problems.
Are you oiling the filter with the spray or drip bottle? I've been using a K&N drop in filter since my first replacement and haven't seen even the slightest but of residue. I had one on another vehicle and didn't see it there either. (?)
Unread 08-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #1646
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
Are you oiling the filter with the spray or drip bottle? I've been using a K&N drop in filter since my first replacement and haven't seen even the slightest but of residue. I had one on another vehicle and didn't see it there either. (?)
The aerosol. I think mine just gets dirty in the throttle body since I baby it too much and a buttload of cold starts. I may have a different idea of what is dirty compared to you, too. I like my throttle body 100 percent clean so any bit of dirt on it or black is probably from the filter, but I'm not positive. Nothing I'm worried about, but not something I'll let slip my mind. Routine maintenance.

Edit: I'm using a cold air intake, and not the drop in filter.
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #1647
jumpthis
2012 KK Liberty 

Thank you for the heads up!!! First time jeep owner my previous car I had a intake but this time I installed it myself not bad for a female haha
jumpthis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #1648
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpthis View Post
Thank you for the heads up!!! First time jeep owner my previous car I had a intake but this time I installed it myself not bad for a female haha
Also I've had to retighten it a few times. Just check everything next time you have the hood open. Enjoy the grunt it will have now.
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #1649
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid

The aerosol. I think mine just gets dirty in the throttle body since I baby it too much and a buttload of cold starts. I may have a different idea of what is dirty compared to you, too. I like my throttle body 100 percent clean so any bit of dirt on it or black is probably from the filter, but I'm not positive. Nothing I'm worried about, but not something I'll let slip my mind. Routine maintenance.

Edit: I'm using a cold air intake, and not the drop in filter.
The throttle body is going to get dirty with any filter. I've been checking the intake tube after the filter for oil film. I haven't found any yet. I doubt that the oil from the filter has contributed to the throttle body, especially if the tube is clean.
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #1650
bstephens_kk
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosburitica

Love the Reese hitch plug....one of my babies...I work for Cequent Consumer Products...the makers of Reese (amongst other products)

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
bstephens_kk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.