What did you do to your KK today? - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 03-24-2012, 12:55 AM   #151
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin11 View Post
Don't you hate that they got rid of that standard. That was the very first thing I had done when I bought mine. I guess all in all its not that big of deal but still lol.
Same here. I opted for the skyslider instead of whatever package had the tints on the 11's. Picked it up around 7PM I think, maybe 6. It was right before close, and at 7 in the morning the truck was in the hands of the guy I brought it to for the tints lol.

Bmxer524 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #152
GoodPrepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin11 View Post
Don't you hate that they got rid of that standard. That was the very first thing I had done when I bought mine. I guess all in all its not that big of deal but still lol.
Yeah I've had it for 2 months now and finally got it in for tinting. I also have been trying to get Rock Lizard to ship me my roof rack I paid for 15 weeks ago but so far Martin rarely responds to my inquiries and then surfaces and makes a new deadline promise and misses it without writing to explain why.

Looks like I am going to have to go through PayPal and my credit card to get refunded. At this point I would have to warn folks not to do business with them which is too bad because I really liked the rack they build. I guess when I get my money back I'll go with RRO rails and their Safari rack.
GoodPrepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #153
Irishgrrrl78
2012 KK Liberty 

Can anyone tell me about how much it normally costs to get tinting done? I'm planning to get my front windows tinted to match the factory tint on the back windows. Thanks!
Unread 03-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #154
jsburton84
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPrepper View Post
Yeah I've had it for 2 months now and finally got it in for tinting. I also have been trying to get Rock Lizard to ship me my roof rack I paid for 15 weeks ago but so far Martin rarely responds to my inquiries and then surfaces and makes a new deadline promise and misses it without writing to explain why.

Looks like I am going to have to go through PayPal and my credit card to get refunded. At this point I would have to warn folks not to do business with them which is too bad because I really liked the rack they build. I guess when I get my money back I'll go with RRO rails and their Safari rack.
I had a similar experience with off road unlimited, the company that makes the defender rack. It took them almost 3 months to get it to me. Every time I would call they promised it would "ship today" There doesn't seem to be any way of canceling the order either because I tried several times and as soon as I mentioned canceling they would put me on hold until I gave up. I think some of these smaller companies that build the stuff themselves might bite off more than they can chew when they promise delivery dates. It's a shame that the customer service is so bad, because the product is amazing. I don't have a problem waiting several months for a quality product as long as I don't get lied too. In the future I will probably just go through 4 wheel parts for any off road unlimited products so that I can at least get the money back if I want.
Unread 03-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #155
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgrrrl78
Can anyone tell me about how much it normally costs to get tinting done? I'm planning to get my front windows tinted to match the factory tint on the back windows. Thanks!
I'm going to budget about $150 for mine but it might be less since it is only 2 windows.
Unread 03-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #156
articbutcher
2012 KK Liberty 

i had mine done the same day I picked it up, I only needed the front 2 done though... Should only cost around 100 bucks
Unread 03-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #157
Irishgrrrl78
2012 KK Liberty 

Thanks, guys! Now I just need to find a good tinting place . . .
Unread 03-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #158
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgrrrl78
Thanks, guys! Now I just need to find a good tinting place . . .
If there are any Ziebarts around they are great. Thats who I had do mine.
Unread 03-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #159
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

So what I did to my KK today. I took it out and bashed it around with the big boys. I took a bunch of very skeptic various J owners and made them respect the KK. I went through things that some of them had major trouble with. Climbed a nasty washed out road that was more like technical rock climbing, then back down on two wheels at times, and through a local off road fabricators proving grounds. I have lots of video I will try to upload or put in youtube. I will also have pics once they get emailed.
Unread 03-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #160
Irishgrrrl78
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin11
So what I did to my KK today. I took it out and bashed it around with the big boys. I took a bunch of very skeptic various J owners and made them respect the KK. I went through things that some of them had major trouble with. Climbed a nasty washed out road that was more like technical rock climbing, then back down on two wheels at times, and through a local off road fabricators proving grounds. I have lots of video I will try to upload or put in youtube. I will also have pics once they get emailed.
Awesome! Way to get some respect for the KK!
Unread 03-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #161
GoodPrepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgrrrl78 View Post
I paid $230 total for all but the front windows, the guy came highly recommended, did a great job, and the tint is gauranteed for life.

Don't cheap out on the tint or you'll have peeling and purple hues after a few years as I have learned the hard way in the past!
GoodPrepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #162
Irishgrrrl78
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPrepper

I paid $230 total for all but the front windows, the guy came highly recommended, did a great job, and the tint is gauranteed for life.

Don't cheap out on the tint or you'll have peeling and purple hues after a few years as I have learned the hard way in the past!
Sounds like a reasonable price and sounds like the guy did a nice job! And I hear ya about not cheaping out on the tint. I HATE crappy tint jobs! My husband used to do tinting many years ago and he was fanatical about getting it done right. We might just buy the tint and do it ourselves, since he used to be so good at it. He hasn't done it in a loooong time though, which is why we're thinking about getting someone else to do it.
Unread 03-26-2012, 12:56 AM   #163
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I don't remember how much I paid for mine. My parents got it for my as a gift with the truck(for the people that don't know, I'm only 18 lol). I wanna say $275 or $375 for a stock looking tint on all windows, but I don't know for sure. I'll ask my mom tomorrow if she remembers. Oh, the guy hooked me up thoo. He knows my uncle who does vinyl graphics on signs and vehicles, ever since he stopped tints he sent everyone to the guy. Connections help lol.
Bmxer524 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #164
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

Bought a 2012 Artic edition on Friday, drove to Charlotte on Sunday for The Black Keys concert. Ordered bug/wind deflector and mud flaps from the dealer on Monday, pickup up today and will install tonight. Ordered Staun Tyre Deflators and folding cargo liner online, should be here Friday. Even though I got the floor mats in the Arctic package, considering getting the WeatherTechs to try and keep sand out of the carpet. Hopefully I'll be driving on the beach a few times a week.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #165
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _benjammin
Bought a 2012 Artic edition on Friday, drove to Charlotte on Sunday for The Black Keys concert. Ordered bug/wind deflector and mud flaps from the dealer on Monday, pickup up today and will install tonight. Ordered Staun Tyre Deflators and folding cargo liner online, should be here Friday. Even though I got the floor mats in the Arctic package, considering getting the WeatherTechs to try and keep sand out of the carpet. Hopefully I'll be driving on the beach a few times a week.
Congrats man and welcome to the family. Sounds like you have a decent rig started.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.