What color "white" is my Liberty? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What color "white" is my Liberty?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 10-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
DentonTrue
2009 KK Liberty 

What color "white" is my Liberty?

Recently I signed up for our local Community Auxiliary Patrol, part of the Neighborhood Watch program where we get to use a Liberty as our patrol car.

Things have been great and I really enjoy the Liberty. Although it's a 2-wheel drive model, it still handels pretty well when I have to cut through a park or offroad area to do my patrols or chase down a perp.

Last night my partner and I were staking out some of the local bars, taking pictures of couples as the left to get into their cars. It was the idea of my brand new partner Mel, AKA "Otter" and its pretty genuis because it combines two things - deterring drunk driving and deterring guys cheating on their wives. Otter figures if someone gets really upset about them getting their picture taken leaving a bar to drive, theyre either drunk or with someone there afraid of getting caught with.

Anyway, at one point I was sitting in the patrol unit while Otter was across the street snapping photos of some dude with a chick who was much younger than him and clearly not his wife when the guy started going all nuts. I put the Lib into drive and was about to drive up on the curb to protect my partner but before that I scraped a lamppost with the fender.

The old guy who runs the Patrol, "Coop" is gonna go nuts when he sees what I did. I went to Lowes and bought some white paint but it looks like garbage it doesnt match. The guy at Lowes said there are all kinds of different "white" paints. Who would have known? Anyway, what color white does Jeep use on Libertys?

TIA

DentonTrue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
beherenow
2009 KK Liberty 

If I was Paris Hilton I’d very afraid of your local Community Auxiliary Patrols homeland security tactics
beherenow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #3
az16339
2009 KK Liberty 

This is a spoof, right? Who'd buy paint to touch up their $20,000+ auto at Lowes? I assume you guys are getting signed legal releases from all those you photograph. If not, better check with the lawyer that advises your "patrol" before you show your photos to anybody, much less use them for anything.
az16339 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
npsrubicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So I stumbled across this thread as the wife and I are in the KK market....

^^I agree with you, who would touch up their Liberty with rattle can???

^^I also disagree with the photograph lawyer comment. If they are in public they have no expectation of privacy. Same reason the news can show up and film anyone in public and put it on the news.

Just my two cents.

If you really do need to touch up your Liberty, go to the Dealership for the correct color so it's a match.
npsrubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
DentonTrue
2009 KK Liberty 

I was trying to save some money since I haven't been working much. Construction jobs have been short supply lately. If I take it to a dealer, they're going to charge $500 or more Iam guessing. First of all, they always overcharge, and secondly it's a pretty big scrape. Luckily it's just one fender and not the door

AZ16399, There is no need for signed releases since were working under jurisdiction of the Community Auxiliary Patrol. We're on the up and up. We wear the uniform of the CAP and carry an identification card at all times. I have gone through 8 hours of training and I am authorized to make a citizens arrest if need be. Really, no one should be upset about our actions because we're protecting the community and potentially saving lives.

If a guy is cheating on his wife with a young hottie, I expect him to get beligerent, a true sign he is doing something wrong. This type of behavior is a tip-off that there might be other issues as well - he might be drunk, carrying illegal narcotics, etc...

Anyway, Coop hasn't seen the Liberty yet but I've had to volunteer for extra shifts to make sure no one else sees the scrape. I'm running out of time and want to take care of this before the weekend so I can relax.
DentonTrue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
Destin4Failur
2010 KK Liberty 

You can go to your local dealership and get paint through them, but if it is just a couple little scraps and some scuffs then I would get some rubbing compound and touch up paint at Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, Napa, or local auto parts store. Depends on how nice you want it to look and attempt to hide it from your boss.
Destin4Failur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
calstro
2010 KK Liberty 

Wow - this posting is pregnant with issues galore.

I agree with the others that the best hope to repair the Liberty to even close to its original state is with paint that's matched to mfr specs. The dealer or other auto parts supplier is the best bet. You might try automotivetouchup.com. I bought a little bottle of "just in case" paint from them myself.

On the issue of taking photos of random people as you're doing patrol, that really creeps me out. I've NEVER cheated on my wife or girlfriend but ALWAYS want to know the WHO's and WHY's of my picture being taken. I agree that a person that's had too much to drink or who's having an affair is more likely to go beserk than someone who's not but the same could be said for someone who just lost his job and was blowing off steam so that he could face the reality known as tomorrow morning.
calstro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #8
otlip

Why not have the guy who's picture you took pay for the paint job. Blackmail
otlip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #9
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

The answer to what color white is Stone White,Chrysler been using this for years.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.