Waterpumps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Waterpumps

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
jelwell1982

Waterpumps

Yes that is plural. Lol
Just curious if anyone else has waterpump issues.

I was astonished when I had to replace my waterpump at 53,000 miles on my 2008 KK.
I chocked it up to a faulty part or too aggressive of road trip driving (I had just returned to TX from Ohio).

Now, just returning from a Ill/IN/MO trip(~2500+miles), I am leaking coolant from the waterpump at 91,500 miles. Almost 2 years.

Is roadtripping just not acceptable in a Jeep? Do the KK's have tempermental waterpumps?

Thanks
Jeremy

jelwell1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
Yakker
2008 KK Liberty 

just bad luck I think man-have done many long trips in my 2008 with no problems at all-from here to Florida twice,out to Wyoming,down to TN. 3 or 4 times-maybe dealer can look into it deeper-or bad pumps!?
Unread 07-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
BillyP

I had one go out on my 2008 at about 80k miles. Now have 98k with no more problems.
BillyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #4
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

I just found out about a recall for mopar water pumps with an M on the bottom of the casting on the driver side (?). I think it was a letter from Chrysler. I got it right after I topped off the coolant tank. Pretty sure I have a bad one but I haven't checked yet.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #5
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
I just found out about a recall for mopar water pumps with an M on the bottom of the casting on the driver side (?). I think it was a letter from Chrysler. I got it right after I topped off the coolant tank. Pretty sure I have a bad one but I haven't checked yet.
I had my '10 in for that recall, it was the water pump and Dodge replaced it amongst many other things in this Lib.
Unread 07-31-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
Cobradwight
2012 KK Liberty 

I know there was a problem with the 4.7 water pumps. I just did the head gaskets on my sisters 04 ram cause it overheated and she kept driving it. the 3.7 is the same motor as a 4.7 just missing two cylinders.
Cobradwight is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.