Waterpumps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Waterpumps

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
jelwell1982

Waterpumps

Yes that is plural. Lol
Just curious if anyone else has waterpump issues.

I was astonished when I had to replace my waterpump at 53,000 miles on my 2008 KK.
I chocked it up to a faulty part or too aggressive of road trip driving (I had just returned to TX from Ohio).

Now, just returning from a Ill/IN/MO trip(~2500+miles), I am leaking coolant from the waterpump at 91,500 miles. Almost 2 years.

Is roadtripping just not acceptable in a Jeep? Do the KK's have tempermental waterpumps?

Thanks
Jeremy

jelwell1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
Yakker
2008 KK Liberty 

just bad luck I think man-have done many long trips in my 2008 with no problems at all-from here to Florida twice,out to Wyoming,down to TN. 3 or 4 times-maybe dealer can look into it deeper-or bad pumps!?
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
BillyP

I had one go out on my 2008 at about 80k miles. Now have 98k with no more problems.
BillyP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

I just found out about a recall for mopar water pumps with an M on the bottom of the casting on the driver side (?). I think it was a letter from Chrysler. I got it right after I topped off the coolant tank. Pretty sure I have a bad one but I haven't checked yet.
Unread 07-28-2013, 11:57 PM   #5
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
I just found out about a recall for mopar water pumps with an M on the bottom of the casting on the driver side (?). I think it was a letter from Chrysler. I got it right after I topped off the coolant tank. Pretty sure I have a bad one but I haven't checked yet.
I had my '10 in for that recall, it was the water pump and Dodge replaced it amongst many other things in this Lib.
Unread 07-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Cobradwight
2012 KK Liberty 

I know there was a problem with the 4.7 water pumps. I just did the head gaskets on my sisters 04 ram cause it overheated and she kept driving it. the 3.7 is the same motor as a 4.7 just missing two cylinders.
Cobradwight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.