Want to install ParkSense - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Want to install ParkSense

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 10-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
arrowheadbob

Want to install ParkSense

We just got a used 2010 Liberty Limited and my wife would really like to have the ParkSense system or similar. I would prefer to integrate the OEM system if I can get the parts. It has the Electronic Vehicle Info display in the dash cluster, which is where it is supposed to display according to the owners manual. I am an engineer and would not hesitate to tackle it if I can buy the OEM parts somewhere. Seems that there should be connectors and such already there. Maybe I would need to get the system reprogrammed when I am done, but that is fine.

I know there are a variety of aftermarket types out there, but I would rather stick with the factory setup if possible. If anyone knows if this is possible or has been done, I would sure appreciate it.
Thanks

arrowheadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
beherenow
2009 KK Liberty 

i got mine as a gift from the dealer at the time i bought it over a year ago;

i don't have any sort of visual info display for this feature at all, just the old common 'bip' that grows on intensity as the objects get closer. works like a charm
beherenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
arrowheadbob

Yep, that is what this one looks like
Jeep Liberty Accessories - The Official Jeep Parts and Accessory eStore offered by Chrysler
Kind of looks like the beeper goes on the rear pillar. My manual refers to a display on the dash. That is what I would prefer.
thanks
Unread 10-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

Chrysler sells it as a kit in their accessory catalog, do a google search.

Dave
Unread 11-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
MtnLuvr
2009 KK Liberty 

When I custom ordered my 09 KK, I wanted rear parksense, but not the package group it came in so I had my dealer install Jeep's kit. It has a visual display mounted dead center top of rear window, beeps and has the 4 painted to match sensors in the rear bumper. Go talk to your Jeep dealer. Mine cost $228 parts + $283 labor for Jeep's universal Rear ParkSense kit install (but it was one of many things I negotiated to have the dealer install before I took delivery).
MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs
MtnLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 10:11 PM   #6
arrowheadbob

Thanks. I just ordered a audio only version from someone on Ebay for $39. I'll give it a try. I decided to forgo the visual part, because it would not really keep it simple for my wife.
Unread 11-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

visual part is actually pretty useful, at least for me, i turn around and i look at the leds besides listening to the beeps
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.