Want to install amp and speaker - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Want to install amp and speaker

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
scheki
2008 KK Liberty 

Want to install amp and speaker

Has anyone installed an amp and speaker w/o removing the stock radio?
I have the line-out that I have to run from the back speaker, plus power wires etc, just dont feel like having to play w removing the stock radio if I dont have to.
I have a 2008 sport KK.

scheki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
scheki
2008 KK Liberty 

I guess I will be special and post what it takes for those who will be asking the same question. Gonna start today by running the cables. Wish me luck.
Unread 07-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
scheki
2008 KK Liberty 

I did end up running the power cable, did figure out how to remove the radio, pretty easy. Got some help with the post with the wire color coding, thanks for having that available. Will continue the rest after work.
Unread 07-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
scheki
2008 KK Liberty 

I did it, took some work but managed to hook it up, only thing is I need to find out how to hook it up to the antenea so it shuts off with the radio.
Unread 07-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
scheki
2008 KK Liberty 

For the moment I tapped into the 12v cig lighter, added a switch to as well, but I havent tested it but the cig lighter shuts off anyways when the vehicle is shut down anyways, chrylser cars do that, my old bosses van did that, found that out when my gps was plugged in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.