Uncomfortable Seats! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Uncomfortable Seats!

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 12-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #1

Uncomfortable Seats!

I have the leather seats and I can't drive it for more than a half hour before my back starts to hurt. If you look on the seats there is a horizontal line about halfway up, that's where my back hurts. My shoulder blades don't rich the seat there. I've tried a seat cover, power adjustments, and foam in back but still hard on back. Does anyone have a similar issue???

2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

I got the cloths ones I find that the seam on the seat presses hard on my butt lol. It's annoying at first. You could try measuring the area and finding seats from a salvage yard or buying some recaros and putting them in.
Unread 12-06-2013, 03:30 AM   #3
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

Very easy fix. Remove the lumbar support plastic and it will soften the seat back. Here is how you do it...

1) Tilt the seatback as far forward it will go.

2) On either side their are zippers in the seat cover back. Unzip those. Fold up the seat cover revealing the internals.

3) You will see a plastic tray like device that slides in and out with a cable. Unsnap the cable from the plastic tray and pull it out. Leave the cable in place.

4) Close up your seat cover and you are done.

I did it while replacing the worn out bottom foam on my Limited's seat and it made it much more comfortable.
josworth is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Cool nice write up I might replace the foam on my seat or just take the seat out if my gf's Infinity FX35 lol
Unread 12-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #5
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
Cool nice write up I might replace the foam on my seat or just take the seat out if my gf's Infinity FX35 lol
Thanks...

The bottom foam replacement requires that you pull out the seat. It wasn't real hard and you can change out the foam without removing the seat back. Be sure to have hog ring pliers and rings ready to re-install the upholstery. Since I've done it already I can give you the tips you need to do it. Taking your time should only take you about 30 to 45 minutes to get it done.
josworth is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.