The ULTIMATE Liberty Build? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > The ULTIMATE Liberty Build?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 08-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #16
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

make sure u document every step if you gonna go with it, i might follow eventually, once im done with my current project

2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #17
Nosights
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
You might want to relook at where those JK arms would end up on a KK,not a good spot.Plus using OEM JK arms means you need 4 different mounts on the vehicle side(not including the track bar),your going to need alot of lift to get everything under there.Myself and RL spent about 60 hours under my KJ trying to get the lift at 6" but that was never going to happen,heck 8" would be pushing with almost zero up-travel.The front end is a carbon copy of the KJ's,keeping it low sounds good but unless you just cut everything away it's just not feaseble.A uniframe vehicle like the KK is not a good starting point for that much cutting and then welding to since most of the uniframe on a KK is HSS which should not be welded to as it weakins it greatly.

But good luck.
I am not planning on using much of the original UniBody strength...rather to rely on the cage for much of the strength (think unibody tied into a frame vs. the other way around). I do plan on significant cutting and would like to remove as much of the "frame" as possible for clearance. I will most likely only use a portion of the floor, all of the side and top...and the rest fabricated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMF View Post
make sure u document every step if you gonna go with it, i might follow eventually, once im done with my current project
I will do that...lots of planning to do in the meantime. Put an '08 2500 together today and thinking those control arms may not be to bad...hmmm. Plenty of scheming to go around.
Nosights is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.