U Connect not working? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > U Connect not working?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
tbenson

U Connect not working?

This was working fine, now nothing?
I had this issue once before, the battery disconnect method worked as a fix that time, this time, no such luck?

Outside of visiting the Dealer, any suggestions?

tbenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
tbenson

Oh yeah, a "U Connect phone is not available" is the bubble displayed across the screen, or something similar to that...
Unread 09-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
MyJKU14
14JKUOrange

2014 JK Wrangler 

Make sure your bluetooth is available on your phone. Sometimes mine gets turned off and I get that message. Also try re-pairing the phone to the car, that's helped me sometimes.
MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
tbenson

Bluetooth is on.
The system will not let me re-pair the phone, it will not enter the menu that allows phone pairing?
Unread 09-24-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
Zambonie
2012 KK Liberty 

When you press the U-Connect button.. what happens?

Also... ensure that you're connected via Bluetooth after the car is started. There has been many times, that I will have Bluetooth on and U-Connect would not work. I had to manually go into the phone's Bluetooth settings and actually connect it. (if it's still paired, it should display the name in your paired list, where you can connect it)
Zambonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
tbenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambonie View Post
When you press the U-Connect button.. what happens?

Also... ensure that you're connected via Bluetooth after the car is started. There has been many times, that I will have Bluetooth on and U-Connect would not work. I had to manually go into the phone's Bluetooth settings and actually connect it. (if it's still paired, it should display the name in your paired list, where you can connect it)
I can press the U-Connect, or the Voice Command button, and still, "U-Connect phone not available" bubble displays, every time, no option menu is available at all.

Yes the same here, manually connecting the phone is necessary at times.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.