Transmission slippage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Transmission slippage

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
rkhammer

Transmission slippage

I bought a new 2012 4WD Liberty, automatic transmission, in January. Almost immediately I started noticing slipping or hesitation in the transmission when parked on an incline. When you shift from park, the transmission hesitates 3-5 seconds before taking hold, especially from park to reverse. I took it back to the dealer, but they couldn't find anything wrong. Has anyone else had this problem? Or does anyone have a suggestion?

rkhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

What do you mean by "taking hold"? Like if you press the gas before the 3-5 seconds the engine will rev but you won't move anywhere until it clunks into gear? If this is the case then you should take your dealer for a ride and show him...

Our Jeeps have a feature called hill start assist that knows when you are on a hill and applies the brakes to keep the vehicle from rolling. I'm guessing this is what you are talking about
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
xxxxxxxxxxxxelorwatch
2012 KK Liberty 

No. The Poster is not referring to
Hill Start Assist: A Feature when Stopped on an incline, in which the vehicle will apply the brakes so that you don't need to; this prevents the rollback that you would normally see in a manual transmission vehicle when you release the brake to hit the gas when starting on an incline.

Poster writes after he Parked vehicle, then starts up and shifts from Park to reverse. That's when he doesn't have immediate hold.

I never had any hold - with any vehicle in that situation. I'm surprised it even grabs at all. Cause by default you're tilting downward and also in gear reverse.

I have to try that sometime! As I've always had too press/hold brake while rolling down.

Sounds like you got a good thing
xxxxxxxxxxxxelorwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelorwatch View Post
No. The Poster is not referring to
Hill Start Assist: A Feature when Stopped on an incline, in which the vehicle will apply the brakes so that you don't need to; this prevents the rollback that you would normally see in a manual transmission vehicle when you release the brake to hit the gas when starting on an incline.

Poster writes after he Parked vehicle, then starts up and shifts from Park to reverse. That's when he doesn't have immediate hold.

I never had any hold - with any vehicle in that situation. I'm surprised it even grabs at all. Cause by default you're tilting downward and also in gear reverse.

I have to try that sometime! As I've always had too press/hold brake while rolling down.

Sounds like you got a good thing
Yeah, I'm not sure OP mentioned which way he was parked on the incline. Maybe you should let him respond first before ya get all smart
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.