Transmission Question. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Transmission Question.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 01-09-2014, 05:57 AM   #1
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Transmission Question.

Has anyone experienced a lag between when you put the Jeep in drive from reverse before the Jeep actually switches gears?

I've noticed a second or two lag and when I'm backing out my driveway, and I out it in drive hit the accelerator and nothing till I feel it shift and then im fine. Its not every time and usually only in the morning when the its been sitting.

Also, reverse sucks it feels like there isn't much power. I think that's a common thing here though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

LKWJEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 06:08 AM   #2
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Pretty sure that's all normal.
Gibson exhaust
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 06:47 AM   #3
DarkSport11
2011 KK Liberty 

Have you spoke to Dealer, what did they have to say?
DarkSport11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 07:08 AM   #4
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet02Sport View Post
Have you spoke to Dealer, what did they have to say?
I haven't yet since today was the first time I've noticed it. I'm going to watch it and see if I have any other issues. I'm not sure if I'm just moving too quick and not giving the Jeep enough time to shift.

Since I have a deductible on my warranty I'd rather not pay $100 bucks for them to tell me its nothing.

Unread 01-09-2014, 07:53 AM   #5
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

I've had same issues since day 1. Sometimes just slow to shift like you said Esp when its cold. As far as the back up, if you mean seems clumsy and if on the slights of hill will shake like the truck is going to fall apart then yes....get used to it. Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 08:14 AM   #6
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
I've had same issues since day 1. Sometimes just slow to shift like you said Esp when its cold. As far as the back up, if you mean seems clumsy and if on the slights of hill will shake like the truck is going to fall apart then yes....get used to it. Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Lol good to know

Unread 01-09-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Our reverse gear sucks. It's just how the tranny is geared.... As for the lag to shift? Yes, I've noticed it too. I figured I was just faster than it lol
Unread 01-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #8
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

Welcome to the virtual world of computer control.... My 2005 Jaguar S Type did it. My 2007 Chrysler 300C did it. Now my 2010 Liberty does it as well.
The only modern vehicle that I have driven that doesn't do it is my wife's 2006 Mercedes R350.
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.