Originally Posted by Drednot
Yeah, check to see if you have the mechanical fan.
Just got done installing the mechanical fan. The factory instructions aren't quite right. It's pretty straight forward.
This was on a 2012.
1. You DO NOT need to empty any coolant.
2. Remove the air box, top and bottom.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Undo the bolt holding the horn.
5. Remove the small coolant line from the top passenger side of the reservoir.
6. You'll now have access to all the Allen screws holding the reservoirs on. Undo all of these.
7. You can now swing the entire reservoir system back and towards the driver side.
8. Remove the two screws holding the fan shroud on.
9. Unplug the fan assembly (this is a pain).
10. On the lower driver side of the shroud there are two pipes held on by a clip. This clip is screwed on. Unscrew it but leave the clip there.
11. Fan assembly/shroud can now be pulled out.
12. Remove plastic cover from pulley threads.
13. Screw on fan/clutch assembly... I used red locktite as well.
14. Tighten the assembly.
15. Follow from step 11 backwards.