JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   Trans or torque converter issue? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/trans-torque-converter-issue-1568490/)

2012JETLIMITED 08-28-2013 08:33 PM

Trans or torque converter issue?

My 2012 KK has a shutter and feels like it's not getting any power while badking into drive way?(slight incline)
Has anyone had this issue if so what was the prob?

Poncherello 08-28-2013 08:45 PM

How many miles on it? It could be any number of things. Somewhere along the line, somehow your Tran fluid could of been affected. As transmission become more complicated even the slightest variance in the fluid could cause something like that, then again it only happens when you are in reverse. Perhaps check to see if is throwing any codes. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

2012JETLIMITED 08-28-2013 08:47 PM

It has 26k miles. It was recently scanned for codes nothing showed up. Thanks for the reply.

rescue575 08-29-2013 01:15 AM

Mine has done this since day 1. Just assumed its normal.

2012JETLIMITED 08-29-2013 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rescue575 (Post 15848742)
Mine has done this since day 1. Just assumed its normal.

I really hope that's not normal. No car or truck should shutter in any gear what so ever. I'll ask a few machaincs about it, check a teams shop before I hit the "useless" dealership.

MtBJet 08-29-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012JETLIMITED

I really hope that's not normal. No car or truck should shutter in any gear what so ever. I'll ask a few machaincs about it, check a teams shop before I hit the "useless" dealership.

Mine has done it since day 1 as well.

Slayers 08-29-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012JETLIMITED (Post 15848078)
My 2012 KK has a shutter and feels like it's not getting any power while badking into drive way?(slight incline)
Has anyone had this issue if so what was the prob?

Not sure if you have it in your jeep but check the setting for hill start when I have tried to drive mine after being on any incline it seems to stutter and just feels like no power.

rangerr47 08-29-2013 09:00 AM

Yes if on an incline it will hold it, you have to give it gas, more than I feel I should have to some times, it will not idle up the hill because of hill assist. Backing up has always been like that for me. I remember the first time I used 4hi in the ice and snow, backing out of a parking spot with wheel cranked. It acted like it could not move for a second, then it roughly pulled back. I thought I had issues, but it was just the brake lock diffs keeping wheels from spinning on the solid ice. Just had to give it more gas and it never did anything weird again. Plus at 31k mine already sounds like it needs the brakes looked at already.

2012JETLIMITED 08-29-2013 10:15 AM

Thanks for the input guys. My hill assist is off. It just doesn't seem normal to me to have thats much trouble backing up. Who knows maybe it is normal! I'll keep an eye on it, if it breaks still under warranty..

Drednot 08-29-2013 09:03 PM

Yeah , that's normal. Hill Start Assist is different from Hill Descent Control and cant be switched off. It's a "feature" of the newer transmissions that have torque converters that are "loose" at idle to reduce parasitic power loss and improve gas mileage. They won't hold you from rolling on a hill so the HSA holds the brakes on for a second after you let off to give you time to rev up past the stall speed. The shudder is the torque converter trying to couple while fighting against the brakes.

91AzXJ 08-31-2013 10:53 PM

26k on a 2012 should still be under factory warrantee. If you're concerned about it, take it to the dealer.

The time now is 06:37 AM.