Tranny Cooler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Tranny Cooler

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 02-06-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
x96mnn
2008 KK Liberty 

Tranny Cooler

My 08 came with the Tow package and it states it has a tranny cooler but where do I find it. Some say its the little cooler in front of the rad while others say that is an oil cooler. Which is it or where is it?

I just bought a new RV, little bigger then I should have went at 3600pds dry weight and want to make sure it is there. I have no problem adding one if its not and may add a second as I tend to over protect things then roll dice for the sake of $150 installed.

Unread 02-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
diggerfreek
2008 KK Liberty 

The little one is a Power steering cooler. The trans cooler and condenser are a unit..............
diggerfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #3
x96mnn
2008 KK Liberty 

Digger

Is there a way to tell if it has it for sure, it has the tow button and the dealer states it has it but they added the Jeep Hitch when it arrived and usually that comes on the Tow Package. I have no reason not to trust my dealer they have been very good to me, just double checking.
Unread 02-06-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
diggerfreek
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by x96mnn View Post
Digger

Is there a way to tell if it has it for sure, it has the tow button and the dealer states it has it but they added the Jeep Hitch when it arrived and usually that comes on the Tow Package. I have no reason not to trust my dealer they have been very good to me, just double checking.
90% of all automatic vehicles have tranny coolers. There are only 2 listing for coolers in the parts manual. One for KK's with AC and ones with out.... They are listed as CONDENSER, A/C AND Trans COOLER...

The only thing you may be missing/don't have is fan wise. KK's that come from the factory with the tow package have HD cooling. As far as I know, all this is, is a electric fan and a mechanical fan.... The mechanical is not absolutely necessary on a auto.....
diggerfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.