Trailer wiring harness - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Trailer wiring harness

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
bullettm

Trailer wiring harness

I have a 2011 Liberty Jet. I installed the hitch and wiring myself about a year and a half ago. Last week I bought a boat and when I plugged the wire from the trailer into my hitch, I popped the fuse attached to the power wire next to the battery. The 4 prong plug on the boat trailer was pretty corroded so I replaced it along with the fuse by the battery but now the trailer lights don't work right. One light constantly stays on whether the key is in the ignition or not and the other one doesn't work at all. I tried plugging in my atv trailer and its the same thing, but opposite lights. Does anyone know whats wrong here? Thanks in advance

bullettm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:53 AM   #2
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Can we assume that the ATV trailer worked correctly for the last year?
Drednot is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 06:36 AM   #3
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Did you install the factory wire harness or an aftermarket harness?
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
bullettm

Everything worked fine for over a year before this. I believe the.harness is made by Curt
bullettm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
12SilverKK

Did you hide the harness is flexible plastic tubing? If not thr wires might have worn thru rubbing on the frame and then shorted out.
12SilverKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.