Trailer Hitch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Trailer Hitch

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
DanFxr
2010 KK Liberty 

Trailer Hitch

2010 Liberty Sport.
Anyone install the mopar hitch,it requires cutting a section of the lower bumper cover,easy install ?

DanFxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
teckn9ne
2010 KK Liberty 

yes you trim bumper very simple install 6 bolts your done
Silverstar Headlights,Mopar Hitch,Mopar Tow Hook,Mopar Skids,Mopar Locking Lugs,Mopar Remote Start,Factory Sirius Radio,WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats,JCROffroad Stage 3 Sliders,Hankook DynaPro RF10 LT225/75/16,Diehard Platinum P1,JBA 5.5 UCA,OME HD,
teckn9ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

yup i did it ^
Unread 09-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
Eagle112199
2008 KK Liberty 

Easy to do, the piece you have to cut is already molded in such a way as to indicate where it needs to be cut. I did mine with a VERY sharp razor knife and it was easy. Might have to use tin snips to get it started. Remember there should be a black molding piece that comes with the kit, it covers the cut hole to look clean. I didn't have the plastic piece (got my hitch off Craigslist) and just used a piece of fine sandpaper to clean the edges of sharp burrs and it looks like good. Will admit, drop the spare to give yourself more room!
Unread 09-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
MyJKU14
14JKUOrange

2014 JK Wrangler 

Anyone know if adding a trailer hitch would allow me to use a hitch mounted snowboard rack? Jeep keeps saying there isn't one available, but I'm not sure why one wouldn't be? I don't want to do the roof mounted snowboard carrier because it's awkward to get up there and I'm short so a trailer hitch would be much easier.

Thanks
MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_Katie View Post
Anyone know if adding a trailer hitch would allow me to use a hitch mounted snowboard rack? Jeep keeps saying there isn't one available, but I'm not sure why one wouldn't be? I don't want to do the roof mounted snowboard carrier because it's awkward to get up there and I'm short so a trailer hitch would be much easier.

Thanks
Thule makes one, this year they are coming out with a redesigned one it is much easier to use then the older one. Not certain if you have to sue the Thule Bike rack or if you can use another type of rack.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.