Trading in my TJ on a KK this week... - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Trading in my TJ on a KK this week...

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 07-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
llm317
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Upper Chichester, PA
Posts: 78
Trading in my TJ on a KK this week...

The dealer says he can locate a few new 12's that are still hanging around lots unsold. I have been missing my XJ ever since I sold it 3 yrs ago and bought the TJ thinking it would be the most similar option, but it isn't. I held out hope that the Cherokee would return, but sadly that Aztec looking car resembles nothing of it's beloved predecessor.

My husband has a JKU already so I don't want another one. I test drove a Commander (love the Hemi!) but something about it is just awkward to me, so I test drove a Liberty. While the motor leaves a lot to be desired, it was love at first drive. So I have decided to pick one up that is still "new" and has a warranty.

What should I avoid? I thought I wanted that sky slider roof, but I see too many have problems with it. So maybe a regular sunroof...any issues there? Do I get the Sport or the Latitude? While I dig the embroidered leather seats, all that chrome is unappealing to me, plus those 18" wheels would be the first thing I'd ditch anyhow.

Any opinions/insight would be much appreciated!

llm317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
rangerr47
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 154
Honestly, you will not have that big of a choice to choose from, so see what he says he can get then ask maybe. I agree on less chrome and smaller wheels though. I know I have looked around for fun and Im in a big city (Dallas) there are not very many and even fewer 4x4s..

Finding one that you can live with the color and has the features you want and being 4x4 at this stage will be hard to pull off. There will be some settling for sure. Usually at the end of a cycle the ones left are the decked out ones with everything and the plain Janes, not much in the middle.
rangerr47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
Liberty09MN
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ham Lake, Minnesota
Posts: 178
I personally quite enjoy my skyslider, and every time someone new gets in, its always the first thing they notice. "What! Does your whole roof open!?!?!" I've had no problems with leaking or anything, just the wind noise, but I solved that with a wind deflector!
Liberty09MN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #4
carlosburitica
Registered User
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort lauderdale, FLORIDA
Posts: 172
i moved from a zj to a kk... not the same animal but is a great car. i am still having issues with the off road jeepers to take my kk seriously, but it feets my needs. an unlimited is way to extreme to use it for work and client meetings so the kk is a better choice in my opinion. the only thing i don't like on the kk is the lack of flex but it is capable enough for my needs

you will enjoy it.

they are little more temperamental with all the electronics and in the beginning you will fight with the horn and blower delays, you will get crazy with the rear wiper blade once it start acting like crazy but and the end you will love your kk.
carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
llm317
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Upper Chichester, PA
Posts: 78
He's found 10 Latitude models, hasn't even looked for Sport models yet so they seem to be hanging around PA lots unsold, lol. This morning I found a new one in Canyon Brown with everything except leather. I think that might be the one since I dig the color. I don't see many KK's on the road around here, but when I do they're usually Silver or Maroon. The price seems right too, around $22k.

I am glad to hear someone has no issues with the sky slider! And as for noise, I drive a soft top Wrangler so noise isn't troublesome at all for me.
llm317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
LibertyRS
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Birmingham, MI
Posts: 281
PM'ed
__________________
2012 Jeep KK
Stormtrooped
ZZzz
LibertyRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
Bmxer524
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lindenhurst, NY
Posts: 1,153
Get the sky slider. I love mine and so far no big problems. Wind isn't that bad and I have a feeling you'll miss some of the openness of a top down on a tj. The sky slider will help with that lol
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #8
MyJKU14
14JKUOrange
 
MyJKU14's Avatar
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 398
Why?! TJ's rock. I mean, I love my KK but I LOVE my LJ more... I'll trade you my KK for the TJ
MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #9
TurboGoKart
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 246
Welcome to the KK world! I loved mine. Once my kids got the Jeep bug they ended up begging me for a Jeep that we could take the top and doors off of. Haha. Sooo I now own a TJ Rubicon.

I have a complete lift kit for the KK that I'm selling if you want to lift yours. It's the OME kit with the new JBA a-arms. I was blown away at the ride quality difference between stock and that lift kit!
__________________
Fully Cloak'd!! :)
35" KM2's
Bumpers, winch
TurboGoKart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
llm317
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Upper Chichester, PA
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_Katie View Post
Why?! TJ's rock. I mean, I love my KK but I LOVE my LJ more... I'll trade you my KK for the TJ
Why? Because I loved my XJ more. It was the perfect vehicle for me. My TJis great, but honestly I don't use it like I should. Just taking the windows in/out is a chore (hand issues here). Going topless is a pain most days. I'm a woman- I like to shop...storage is an issue. I have never wheeled it...I feel like someone else would be happier with it.
llm317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #11
llm317
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Upper Chichester, PA
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGoKart View Post
Welcome to the KK world! I loved mine. Once my kids got the Jeep bug they ended up begging me for a Jeep that we could take the top and doors off of. Haha. Sooo I now own a TJ Rubicon.

I have a complete lift kit for the KK that I'm selling if you want to lift yours. It's the OME kit with the new JBA a-arms. I was blown away at the ride quality difference between stock and that lift kit!
PM me about the lift kit? I just may take you up on it..once I buy the Jeep of course, lol.
llm317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
heiliges
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 65
I don't have the slider... wished I would have gotten it. I don't have the kewl seats. Wish I did. Other than that, I am planning on modding the crap out of mine, so the sport was the way to go since everything will change in some way or another, why pay for the extras. If you off road it at all, the lift will be needed. The extra clearance is needed. Jumped a tree, slowly, the other day with no issue which I could never have done at stock height. If you don't plan to do anything off road, then I would get everything I could up front from the dealer. That way if something goes haywire, you can have them do the work for the next 5 years. Other than that, I would say I love my Liberty. I have joined in with a few of the local Jeep clubs and our rep is growing steadily. They respect it as part of the Jeep family though they still question the electronics to no end. But I have yet to find them able to do something I couldn't do for normal trail rides here in Florida. I do the mud, soft sands, trees it seems and any hill climb. By the way, its great to see everyone else getting eating by bugs and dirty as hell while I sit in Air conditioned comfort enjoying the same views and taking in the same fun, just cleaner and less stinky.
heiliges is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #13
llm317
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Upper Chichester, PA
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by heiliges View Post
I don't have the slider... wished I would have gotten it. I don't have the kewl seats. Wish I did. Other than that, I am planning on modding the crap out of mine, so the sport was the way to go since everything will change in some way or another, why pay for the extras. If you off road it at all, the lift will be needed. The extra clearance is needed. Jumped a tree, slowly, the other day with no issue which I could never have done at stock height. If you don't plan to do anything off road, then I would get everything I could up front from the dealer. That way if something goes haywire, you can have them do the work for the next 5 years. Other than that, I would say I love my Liberty. I have joined in with a few of the local Jeep clubs and our rep is growing steadily. They respect it as part of the Jeep family though they still question the electronics to no end. But I have yet to find them able to do something I couldn't do for normal trail rides here in Florida. I do the mud, soft sands, trees it seems and any hill climb. By the way, its great to see everyone else getting eating by bugs and dirty as hell while I sit in Air conditioned comfort enjoying the same views and taking in the same fun, just cleaner and less stinky.

This...same way I felt in my XJ! It's why I think a KK makes sense for me. Thanks for understanding!

A lift will happen most definitely, and I need my BFG AT's on it. Going to look at an 11 tonight with 24K, I test drove a 12 last night. Basically both have the same options (sun roof, fog lights, nav system), but the 11 has heated black leather seats that I would not normally even consider, but they just look sooooo niceeeeee.
llm317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #14
Liberty09MN
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ham Lake, Minnesota
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by llm317 View Post

This...same way I felt in my XJ! It's why I think a KK makes sense for me. Thanks for understanding!

A lift will happen most definitely, and I need my BFG AT's on it. Going to look at an 11 tonight with 24K, I test drove a 12 last night. Basically both have the same options (sun roof, fog lights, nav system), but the 11 has heated black leather seats that I would not normally even consider, but they just look sooooo niceeeeee.
My dad runs a train yard where they unload cars out off the trains and store them in a lot until the car carrier semis take them away. He just took over about a month ago, we had to go and take inventory (checking damage on 1300 cars/trucks/jeeps). They had some of the 10th Anniversary Rubicons... ohhh my goodness, some of them have red leather and my jaw was dropped looking inside haha. Fantastic, definitely go with the leather if it catches your eye! Plus heated seats!
Liberty09MN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #15
llm317
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Upper Chichester, PA
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty09MN View Post
My dad runs a train yard where they unload cars out off the trains and store them in a lot until the car carrier semis take them away. He just took over about a month ago, we had to go and take inventory (checking damage on 1300 cars/trucks/jeeps). They had some of the 10th Anniversary Rubicons... ohhh my goodness, some of them have red leather and my jaw was dropped looking inside haha. Fantastic, definitely go with the leather if it catches your eye! Plus heated seats!
Sweet mother of Bob Dylan...those anniversary rubicons are wicked cool! There was a white one with red leather at my dealership but the price!!!

I am getting the '11 Limited model with leather. I pick it up on Monday!!!
llm317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.