Trading the '08 for a '12...opinions on what to get? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Trading the '08 for a '12...opinions on what to get?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
griffdiz
2012 KK Liberty 

Trading the '08 for a '12...opinions on what to get?

I have an 2008 Liberty Sport 4x4, bought it just under a year ago. It has the skyslider and some aftermarket side steps, but really nothing fancy besides that. I love it and since I bought it have said I never want to drive anything else. Now that they are no longer making them this is my last chance to own this car new so my husband said we could trade mine in for my birthday which is later this week.

So after looking at my options things are quite limited since these can no longer be ordered and have to be located instead. They are doing a $3500 rebate and we are getting employee pricing, but we really can't do more than $29,000 MSRP. They are also going to throw in the black headlights for free because I have always wanted those. So at first my only wants were the 4wd and skyslider, but then I saw the Latitude package with the heated seats and had to have that. So finding a Latitude with a skyslider has proven to be quite difficult. Since it is Saturday the other dealerships were too busy to work out a dealer trade so we probably won't hear back until Monday. So if we are not able to find what I want I am considering a Latitude with a regular sunroof.

So what do you guys think? Anyone with a 2012 Latitude or otherwise with an opinion to throw in? And what about Skyslider vs sunroof? Will I miss it a ton? Anyone with pics to show? My top colors are Mineral Grey, Black, and Winter Chill. Thanks all!

griffdiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
KA9YTB
2012 KK Liberty 

2012 Jeep Liberty Latitude

Hello, I own a 2012 Jeep Liberty with the Latitude Package, That Pkg group really gives you a lot of nice options such as leather heated seats and Uconnect voice command bluetooth, as well as many other extras. It is definitely the way to go! I don't have the sunroof or skylider on mine, although there have been postings with water leak problems from plugged drain tubes, So I'm kinda glad not to have that option. With the discounts on the vehicle look for a Liberty with the Latitude Pkg!
2012-jeep-liberty1-001.jpg   2012-jeep-liberty1-002.jpg   2012-jeep-liberty1-005.jpg  
KA9YTB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
griffdiz
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA9YTB View Post
Hello, I own a 2012 Jeep Liberty with the Latitude Package, That Pkg group really gives you a lot of nice options such as leather heated seats and Uconnect voice command bluetooth, as well as many other extras. It is definitely the way to go! I don't have the sunroof or skylider on mine, although there have been postings with water leak problems from plugged drain tubes, So I'm kinda glad not to have that option. With the discounts on the vehicle look for a Liberty with the Latitude Pkg!
Thanks! Love that red!
Unread 03-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

When I fist got it

How she sits now

I have an 11 Sport 4x4. My only option(aside from 4x4) is the skyslider. I know I can't imagine losing it, and I already decided my next truck is going to be a 4 door Wrangler so I will still have the open world. If I ever get a car it's going to be a 71-72 Chevelle Convertible, so as you can see soft tops will always be in my life.

The only regret I have with my KK is not getting whatever package had the fog lights. So I say get the skyslider, 4x4, and whatever package gets fog lights. I know I can give up heated leather seats for the skyslider. Besides, those seats will probably kill me in the summer, since I leave my top open almost 24/7 when it's nice out.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
ArcticDude88
2012 KK Liberty 

I was lucky enough to find one of the last arctics on the dealers lots back in the summer and it had the sky slider to boot! The skyslider is amazing IMO and it survived a bad hurricane and plenty of rain and snowstorms with no issues! The lattitude gives you a lot of content for the money but I'm not really a fan of chrome so the limited and lattitude werent an option for me but its all preference. I have the mineral grey and coming from a black a car, it's so nice to have a color that never looks dirty and when it's clean the metallic grey pops so nicely in the sun! The winter chill I like as well and is def one of the rarer colors. Good luck!
ArcticDude88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Purchasing via a dealer trade is not always the better way to locate and obtain the best price on a new vehicle. Some dealers don't share the holdback allowance or any special dealer incentives with a dealer trade. Which means you will pay more. Also if the dealer has to locate, then go pick up a special vehicle the cost to do so will be at your expense. Notice a trend here?

I would suggest visiting the Jeep locator sight and see what you can find on your own, then contact the dealer who has it in their inventory and work a deal. You may have to drive a few miles or more this way, but you can see and drive the vehicle before your commit.

Try this link and see if it doesn't turn something up for you....it located mine for me back in 2011

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/sni/IUJ201204/results.do
Unread 03-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
griffdiz
2012 KK Liberty 

My husband just bought a new Wrangler from the dealership and the salesman is someone we know, and he located and picked up the Wrangler from PA (we are in OH) at no charge to us so I have no fear they will do the best they can for us. My husband used to sell cars as well so I trust he will make sure I get the best deal. Bottom line is if they don't give us the price we want we won't buy the car. I actually found the vehicle I want using that thing on the Jeep website! It is nice! I really really hope that dealer is willing to give up the car I want, if not hopefully they can locate another. We are getting employee pricing so if we went to the dealership that has the car I want I don't know that we could get that. Guess we will find out Monday because they called Saturday, but the other dealership is closed today.

I did find one last Arctic edition for sale in Kansas and it is sooo cool, but it is silver and I really really don't care for that color. Too bad because the car is sweet! Does anyone know how many of those they made? I found one site that says 1100 but I don't know how reliable that info is.
Unread 04-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #8
griffdiz
2012 KK Liberty 

Just an update...I ended up getting an Arctic Edition in winter chill with the regular sunroof! It is used...16000 miles, but it is AMAZING and I'm so obsessed with everything about it! You would not believe how much of a pain getting it was though. First of all, no dealers would do a dealer trade for ANY of the Liberties I wanted. We even tried to work with some of them directly as far as 8 hours away from us, but no one would give us the amount on the trade we wanted. I found the Arctic online Thursday night but the dealership was closed so my husband called the next morning around 9:30. They came down in price $2200, gave us what we wanted for the trade, so my husband said put a deposit on it and the guy calls him back that some guy beat us to it by literally minutes!!! I was so disappointed and all day Saturday we called every Arctic edition I found for sale and they had all sold like hours before I called. I even found one out in IL another 8 hours from us and we were working out a deal with him until I realized it had no sunroof. So we had to give up and I was just feeling bad about it and wishing I had gotten the one from Friday. Monday morning they called from that dealership and said the guy had backed out! So we put a deposit on it and drove 2 hours to pick it up that night. Turns out the guy said some other place was giving him more for his trade but then he called back later saying he still wanted it...too late! IT's mine now!

When we picked the car up I noticed a chip in the windshield and they agreed to have Safelite come out to our house and replace it. I was kind of glad because the original owner had this black tint thing added to the top of the windshield. I dunno if that's an option you can order or if he had it done after the fact. Either way it is annoying and makes you feel like you have a smaller windshield. Also there is sort of I vibration I feel driving at lower speeds. We are having it looked at Tuesday but not sure if it is an issue or if the fancy tires just feel different. Regardless I am so excited to have it! Just wanted to share!
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
grsmnky

Congratulations. I had a similar experience to yours. I was looking for a Liberty Renegade or Arctic. They were selling before I could get to the dealer to look at them. I finally found a 2012 Arctic with 9,000 miles. I love it!
grsmnky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #10
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffdiz View Post
I have an 2008 Liberty Sport 4x4, bought it just under a year ago. It has the skyslider and some aftermarket side steps, but really nothing fancy besides that. I love it and since I bought it have said I never want to drive anything else. Now that they are no longer making them this is my last chance to own this car new so my husband said we could trade mine in for my birthday which is later this week.

So after looking at my options things are quite limited since these can no longer be ordered and have to be located instead. They are doing a $3500 rebate and we are getting employee pricing, but we really can't do more than $29,000 MSRP. They are also going to throw in the black headlights for free because I have always wanted those. So at first my only wants were the 4wd and skyslider, but then I saw the Latitude package with the heated seats and had to have that. So finding a Latitude with a skyslider has proven to be quite difficult. Since it is Saturday the other dealerships were too busy to work out a dealer trade so we probably won't hear back until Monday. So if we are not able to find what I want I am considering a Latitude with a regular sunroof.

So what do you guys think? Anyone with a 2012 Latitude or otherwise with an opinion to throw in? And what about Skyslider vs sunroof? Will I miss it a ton? Anyone with pics to show? My top colors are Mineral Grey, Black, and Winter Chill. Thanks all!
A friend of mine read an article about Millionaires and some of things they do to save money. Believe it or not one of the tips was instead of purchasing a up class automobile like Benz or BMW they will buy a 2 year old model. Reason being because as soon as you drive it off the lot, it depreciates by 2 grand. And most vehicles with proper care can last 10 years 200K.

The only reason why I would trade my Lib in for new one, would one if I were involve in a collision and the frame got messed up, or if it was a lemon.

My plan is to just pay off my current Lib, and keep it tuned, upgrade replaced parts like tires, suspension etc, and run it till the wheels fall off or as I mentioned earlier someone crashes you. As far new prospects, I would choose the 12' Lib over the new Cherokees they are a joke, the new Diesel GC sounds great on paper but only the wealthy can afford, as the same with the 4 door Wrangler. Furthermore, I don't want to get off topic but I don't like the new 3.6 and 3.2 engines.

Good Luck
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #11
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Congrats on finally landing the Arctic! Sounds like it was a process. I've had mine in bright white for a little over a year now and still love it, just turned over 10,000 miles. I would like to know how many were made, also, because I haven't seen another like it around here. There were a few being sold last year, but never saw them on the road.
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #12
ArcticDude88
2012 KK Liberty 

Congrats on the arctic!! Be prepared for lots of compliments!
ArcticDude88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.