Traded 2011 Liberty for 2012 Liberty Arctic - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Traded 2011 Liberty for 2012 Liberty Arctic

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 01-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #46
cda7333
2014 JK Wrangler 

Yeah ours doesn't have the skid group on it and it does have a brush guard I guess you'd call it over the tank. Its a 2012 Arctic. From what I can gather it looks really close to the actually skid plate but not as heavy of steal and more drain holes in it. And I do know it is what holds the tank on and has to be removed to install the skid plate which goes back in its place. Which requires you to drop the tank. That's why I wasn't sure if I would need it or not for the light off roading that ours will see. Just not sure how that stock guard will hold up if it does take a hit.? Definitely putting all the other ones on though so may go for it. Decisions. Decisions

cda7333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #47
bowlsie
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalArctic View Post
My arctic came with a fuel skid only, I went to another dealership and they hooked me up 10% above cost at $164 for the remaining three skids including shipping. Now that's a true 5 Star Dealership, besides that, their service department is A+ too.
That is a killer deal!

2013 JKU
1988 YJ Laredo
bowlsie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #48
bowlsie
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cda7333 View Post
Yeah ours doesn't have the skid group on it and it does have a brush guard I guess you'd call it over the tank. Its a 2012 Arctic. From what I can gather it looks really close to the actually skid plate but not as heavy of steal and more drain holes in it. And I do know it is what holds the tank on and has to be removed to install the skid plate which goes back in its place. Which requires you to drop the tank. That's why I wasn't sure if I would need it or not for the light off roading that ours will see. Just not sure how that stock guard will hold up if it does take a hit.? Definitely putting all the other ones on though so may go for it. Decisions. Decisions
That's the only negative thing about Jeep ownership. Your wallet ends up with cobwebs instead of cash

2013 JKU
1988 YJ Laredo
bowlsie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #49
NorCalArctic
2012 WK 

Thanks for the info, when I pick up the skids I will order the tank skid as well, sounds like it might be better for dealer to install that one for me. Next is sliders, new tires, and OME or JBA 2.5" lift. Dang, I got the Jeep modify bug all over again
NorCalArctic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #50
cda7333
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlsie View Post
That's the only negative thing about Jeep ownership. Your wallet ends up with cobwebs instead of cash

LOL Yeah no kidding.
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #51
cda7333
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalArctic View Post
Thanks for the info, when I pick up the skids I will order the tank skid as well, sounds like it might be better for dealer to install that one for me. Next is sliders, new tires, and OME or JBA 2.5" lift. Dang, I got the Jeep modify bug all over again

I know the feeling!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.