Traded 2011 Liberty for 2012 Liberty Arctic - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Traded 2011 Liberty for 2012 Liberty Arctic

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 01-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #31
bowlsie
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclezmarinara View Post
LOOKS AWESOME !!!

LIFT IT ! lol if you need tires or any lift stuff let me know !
I'm actually already planning on it. Wouldn't mind doing the Daystar 2" on it but have heard mixed reviews. I see you have it so how do you like it? OME I guess would be my next choice but this thing isn't going to see anything major so it would be hard to justify that expense. I think the Daystar would work good for our needs. Just to get it a little higher and maybe go up 1 tire size. Can you get me a deal?

2013 JKU
1988 YJ Laredo
bowlsie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #32
bowlsie
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cda7333 View Post
Speaking of skids. Wanted to ask u guys about thoughts on the gas tank skid plate. I'm definitely putting all the others on just not sure if the fuel tank is needed or if the brush guard that's there from the factory will suffice? The Jeep will be mostly used as a dd but with occasional light offroading. Nothing crazy. Any help would be appreciated.
All depends on what you think you are going to be doing with it. If you say light duty then I probably wouldn't worry about it. We didn't have any skids on the 2011 and that was going to be my next mod due to the story I am about to write. We used to have a 2008 Liberty that had the skid group and my wife hit a Christmas tree laying on the interstate at 70 MPH and had it not been for the fuel tank skid plate we would have had been putting a fuel tank in it. It actually damaged the skid pretty good to the point it had to be replaced. It also destroyed the bottom body side molding that runs along the doors. So sometimes the urban trails are worse than what you find off the beaten path.

2013 JKU
1988 YJ Laredo
Unread 01-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #33
bowlsie
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Great looking Jeep bub.!! That didn't come outa Cincinnati did it? It looks just like the one we looked at. Same options I mean. Anyway awesome .... love them Arctics!
Actually it was a dealer here in WV believe it or not. It was only 50 miles away so I actually lucked out. No other dealers within a reasonable amount of driving distance had the one optioned like this. Same thing on my Rubicon. It actually came from Lexington KY and had like 300 miles on it when it rolled into my dealer

2013 JKU
1988 YJ Laredo
Unread 01-23-2012, 05:53 AM   #34
cda7333
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlsie View Post
All depends on what you think you are going to be doing with it. If you say light duty then I probably wouldn't worry about it. We didn't have any skids on the 2011 and that was going to be my next mod due to the story I am about to write. We used to have a 2008 Liberty that had the skid group and my wife hit a Christmas tree laying on the interstate at 70 MPH and had it not been for the fuel tank skid plate we would have had been putting a fuel tank in it. It actually damaged the skid pretty good to the point it had to be replaced. It also destroyed the bottom body side molding that runs along the doors. So sometimes the urban trails are worse than what you find off the beaten path.
Thanks for your input. That's kinda what I've been thinking about. It will be light use as far as offroad but wanna protect it both on and off. I know the stock guard on the tank is pretty thin just wasn't sure how it compared to the actual skid plate. I might just be better off putting the tank skid on. Planning on all the other ones anyway so ... idk. I know the tank plate is kind of a pain in the @$$ to put on since u have to drop the tank. But might be worth it.
cda7333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #35
cda7333
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Actually it was a dealer here in WV believe it or not. It was only 50 miles away so I actually lucked out. No other dealers within a reasonable amount of driving distance had the one optioned like this. Same thing on my Rubicon. It actually came from Lexington KY and had like 300 miles on it when it rolled into my dealer
No that's cool. We were actually gona head that way to look for one but Cincinnati had three Arctics and was offering 2 grand off on top of the factory 4. So we headed that way. We are kinda in the middle here. There weren't any Arctics around here so had to travel a little but well worth it. Of coarse I went to my local dealers but they didn't have any so ended up out if town. So I called both of these local dealers to ask them about service and warranty work if needed. Now i figured i might get the run around a little since i didn't buy it there. One of them was absolutely awesome about it and said it didn't matter where it came from they'd take care of me. I mean really cool about it. The other dealer which I actually called first flat out denied me service and said to me to take back to the dealer I bought it from as they wouldn't help me!!! That kinda caught me off guard. Needless to say I'll never deal with that dealer again.
Unread 01-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #36
barnettd

Great looking vehicles

I have an 08 JK unlimited and my wife is looking at getting a Jeep and she likes the look of the Libby.
Ok a couple of questions if you don't mind answering.

1. What gas mileage are you getting/experienced with the the Liberty? The 08 I drove (limited) had 13.8 avg MPG on the trip computer. I average 17 in my JKU, 6 speed.
2. Does the acceleration feel good to you? I drove an 08 and it felt ok to me but in some ways it feels 'heavy' (it was a 4x4) so is that normal? not a deal killer... my 08 is no rocket either.
3. Are the accents on the interior of the Arctic white or silver? It is hard to tell from your photos. if they are white do you think they will show dirt/smudges?

Thanks and "have fun out there"
barnettd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #37
bowlsie
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettd View Post
I have an 08 JK unlimited and my wife is looking at getting a Jeep and she likes the look of the Libby.
Ok a couple of questions if you don't mind answering.

1. What gas mileage are you getting/experienced with the the Liberty? The 08 I drove (limited) had 13.8 avg MPG on the trip computer. I average 17 in my JKU, 6 speed.
2. Does the acceleration feel good to you? I drove an 08 and it felt ok to me but in some ways it feels 'heavy' (it was a 4x4) so is that normal? not a deal killer... my 08 is no rocket either.
3. Are the accents on the interior of the Arctic white or silver? It is hard to tell from your photos. if they are white do you think they will show dirt/smudges?

Thanks and "have fun out there"
As far as our 2012 I can't say on the fuel mileage as we haven't driven it enough but our 2011 averaged about 17-18 on the interstate and 15 in town. Acceleration isn't bad. Not a sports car by any means but I feel the engine is adequate and does it's job pretty good. It could always be better but I am happy with it. They do feel kind of heavy but imo that is a good thing. I have always felt like the tighter/heavier something is the better.
If it means anything to you this is our 4'th Liberty since 2006 so that should say something. Also, from what I gather this is the last year of the Liberty as we know it. It is rumored to be going to a front wheel drive platform so if you are thinking about one I would say now would be the time!
Actually the accents are red so I wouldn't worry about it showing dirt/smudging. There is some off white color in the center of the seats but I don't see it being able to show dirt either unless you jumped in it muddy
Now go buy that Liberty!
Hope this helps!

2013 JKU
1988 YJ Laredo
Unread 01-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #38
cda7333
2014 JK Wrangler 

I've read a few things that said the mileage will actually increase with a couple thousand miles on the clock. Not sure if this is actually true or not as we only have a few hundred miles on our Arctic. Hope this helps.
Unread 01-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #39
bowlsie
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I've read a few things that said the mileage will actually increase with a couple thousand miles on the clock. Not sure if this is actually true or not as we only have a few hundred miles on our Arctic. Hope this helps.
I agree. If I remember right when we traded our 08 in before the eco feature was ever available we were getting around 20 mpg on the highway.
I told my wife today I wanted to go trade my Rubicon on an Arctic JK and I thought she was going to beat me. I was only kidding but I really wish I could have got this paint on mine.

2013 JKU
1988 YJ Laredo
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:26 AM   #40
barnettd

Winter Chill in So Florida

Thanks for the answers and input. We are going to look at one in a day or so. I played around on the arctic wrangler and liked it... my wife did too but the price tag is out there. The 08 has an unlimited warranty so I will keep it.

I think your arctics look great and like the 2 inch lift mods i've seen on here.
Its dumb but I like the Yeti emblem especially the one that lights up on the speedo... The emblem looks like a knock off of the old "Kilroy was here" from WWII.
barnettd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 05:46 AM   #41
cda7333
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I agree. If I remember right when we traded our 08 in before the eco feature was ever available we were get
ting around 20 mpg on the highway.
I told my wife today I wanted to go trade my Rubicon on an Arctic JK and I thought she was going to beat me. I was only kidding but I really wish I could have got this paint on mine.

Lmao. There ya go.
Unread 01-24-2012, 05:48 AM   #42
cda7333
2014 JK Wrangler 

The yeti definitely grows on ya. I like it.
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #43
NorCalArctic
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclezmarinara View Post
Skids are a must .... i need to acquire those first.
My arctic came with a fuel skid only, I went to another dealership and they hooked me up 10% above cost at $164 for the remaining three skids including shipping. Now that's a true 5 Star Dealership, besides that, their service department is A+ too.
NorCalArctic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #44
NorCalArctic
2012 WK 

Quote:
I know the stock guard on the tank is pretty thin just wasn't sure how it compared to the actual skid plate. I might just be better off putting the tank skid on. Planning on all the other ones anyway so ... idk. I know the tank plate is kind of a pain in the @$$ to put on since u have to drop the tank.
Well that explains why I thought mine only had one skid. So you are saying all KKs come with a thin tank guard and the actual tank skid plate is more heavy duty? Sounds like it's a bit more difficult to install at home than the other three.
NorCalArctic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #45
bowlsie
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalArctic View Post
Well that explains why I thought mine only had one skid. So you are saying all KKs come with a thin tank guard and the actual tank skid plate is more heavy duty? Sounds like it's a bit more difficult to install at home than the other three.
I know on our 2012 with the skid group the fuel skid is pretty thick. I still have our 2011 here too and there is nothing covering the tank on it?

2013 JKU
1988 YJ Laredo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.