Traded 2011 Liberty for 2012 Liberty Arctic - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Traded 2011 Liberty for 2012 Liberty Arctic

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 01-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
bowlsie
2013 JK Wrangler 

Traded 2011 Liberty for 2012 Liberty Arctic

Just got home from a long night at the dealer. Traded the wife's same as new 2011 Libby for a new 2012 Arctic. I have bought a lot of Jeeps from this dealer and they did me right (used Vaseline ). Have been home outside playing with everything on it since I got home about 2 hours ago. I like it as well as my 2012 JKU Rubicon.
I will post some pics of the new gal when it gets cleaned up. They dealer traded it and it looks like it has been running in the Utah Salt Flats it is SO salty. That's the north east for ya!

2013 JKU
1988 YJ Laredo
bowlsie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
cda7333
2014 JK Wrangler 

Congrats man! I just bought the wife a new Arctic as well. Well its her dd but its mine too! Lol. I love it so far. Only had it two weeks but no disappoints so far.
cda7333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
mooch553

How'd you pull that one off???
mooch553 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

Anything is possible...ill pulled alot of crazy stuff off myself as far as trading very new vehicles on new vehicle
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
bowlsie
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch553 View Post
How'd you pull that one off???
The dealer is really good to me/us as a family. We have bought more Jeeps than I can count from them. Plus there are some decent rebates right now. The only negative thing I can say is the KK drops fairly bad on resale/trade value the first couple of years compared to say the Wrangler or Grand Cherokee so that kind of had things stalled for a bit but we worked around it. I went out the door with an fully optioned KK Arctic Sport for 13 more dollars per month and we were only coming up on payment #6 on the 2011 With this being the last year I wanted her to get something that would be different than the others running around and with more options than she had on the 11. All is happy at the Bowlsie household. I will post a few pics when this weather clears up and I can get it de-salted.

2013 JKU
1988 YJ Laredo
Unread 01-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #6
bowlsie
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cda7333 View Post
Congrats man! I just bought the wife a new Arctic as well. Well its her dd but its mine too! Lol. I love it so far. Only had it two weeks but no disappoints so far.
What color did you go with? Winter Chill?

2013 JKU
1988 YJ Laredo
Unread 01-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
bowlsie
2013 JK Wrangler 

I absolutely love this thing! There is something different with it than our 2011. I don't know if it is interior, paint, or the eyeballs in the tach. I am letting the wife use the Rubicon right now why I "make sure everything is OK" with the new Jeep.

2013 JKU
1988 YJ Laredo
Unread 01-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #8
cda7333
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlsie View Post
What color did you go with? Winter Chill?

No we went with the bright silver. Looked at both and decided the silver was just more our speed. Hoping to keep this thing long term and thought silver would satisfy us longer. Love the way all the black contrasts against it. The winter chill is definitely a cool color though. Very different.
Unread 01-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #9
cda7333
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I absolutely love this thing! There is something different with it than our 2011. I don't know if it is interior, paint, or the eyeballs in the tach. I am letting the wife use the Rubicon right now why I "make sure everything is OK" with the new Jeep.

LoL. I can understand that. I love ours too. The fact that it is different is one of the things I like. Its the wife's dd but I love even more every time I drive it. She's crazy about it. I think we made a great choice. What color did u go with?
Unread 01-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #10
bowlsie
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cda7333 View Post
LoL. I can understand that. I love ours too. The fact that it is different is one of the things I like. Its the wife's dd but I love even more every time I drive it. She's crazy about it. I think we made a great choice. What color did u go with?
We like you debated on Bright Silver and Winter Chill as this is going to be a long term Jeep for her. We thought about it and actually the one that had the options we wanted was Winter Chill and either one of them were going to have to be dealer traded. So Winter Chill it is. It still contrasts pretty good together color wise.
Just dropped it off in the night drop at the dealer (not the one I bought it at as it's too far) to have the remote start that was originally intended for the 2011 installed and programmed. They were going to charge 1.0 for me installing it myself and them just doing the program. I called back and told them to look in the Mopar Accessories Guide and check the labor time as the dealer I had bought ours from already had faxed me a copy showing the page at 1.2 hours to install, program, and cut the keys. They put me on hold and never came back so I did the night drop with the page directly out of the catalog laying in the seat. Tomorrow may get interesting...

2013 JKU
1988 YJ Laredo
Unread 01-20-2012, 01:48 AM   #11
cda7333
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
We like you debated on Bright Silver and Winter Chill as this is going to be a long term Jeep for her. We thought about it and actually the one that had the options we wanted was Winter Chill and either one of them were going to have to be dealer traded. So Winter Chill it is. It still contrasts pretty good together color wise.
Just dropped it off in the night drop at the dealer (not the one I bought it at as it's too far) to have the remote start that was originally intended for the 2011 installed and programmed. They were going to charge 1.0 for me installing it myself and them just doing the program. I called back and told them to look in the Mopar Accessories Guide and check the labor time as the dealer I had bought ours from already had faxed me a copy showing the page at 1.2 hours to install, program, and cut the keys. They put me on hold and never came back so I did the night drop with the page directly out of the catalog laying in the seat. Tomorrow may get interesting...

LMAO Good luck ! Freaking dealers seem like they are always trying to squeeze us for just a little more. I think u got em over a barrel on this one though. I think that winter chill color does contrast nicely like u said. We probably went back and forth for an hour trying to decide between them. lol Well and one cool thing about it is its only available on the arctic. So very limited. I haven't seen one on the road yet. Course i haven't seen another arctic on the road yet either around here. Let me know how the remote start thing goes if ya would. Been thinking about adding it to the wife's.
Unread 01-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #12
barnettd

Arctic

We are looking at an Arctic as well... our debate is gray vs winter chill. I think the gray looks more rugged but I do like the winter chill color on the wrangler they have on the lot.

PS. not many good photos of a winter chill liberty on the net so post them when you can please.
barnettd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #13
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

awesome welcome to the arctic klan
Unread 01-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #14
cda7333
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclezmarinara View Post
awesome welcome to the arctic klan

Thanks. We're loving it !
Unread 01-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #15
cda7333
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettd View Post
We are looking at an Arctic as well... our debate is gray vs winter chill. I think the gray looks more rugged but I do like the winter chill color on the wrangler they have on the lot.

PS. not many good photos of a winter chill liberty on the net so post them when you can please.

We actually looked at and liked all three colors. Just liked how everything popped off the silver. Just a personal preference thing. Don't think u can go wrong either way though. They look awesome in all the colors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.