TRADE: My Eagle Alloys and AT2's for stock KK wheels. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > TRADE: My Eagle Alloys and AT2's for stock KK wheels.

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday Sa

Unread 11-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
Mr_Nick

TRADE: My Eagle Alloys and AT2's for stock KK wheels.

Putting my Liberty back to stock, for trade in purposes. I figure this is the best section because I only want KK wheels.

I'd like to trade my 17x8 Eagle Alloys with 255-65-17 General Grabber AT'2 for stock 16" or 17" KK wheels. I'd want some cashing coming my way as part of the deal. Depending on which rims you have, and condition of tires... would determine amount of money involved.

You'll need a lift with them, I have the 2" Revtek spacer lift (which I'll be removing and selling too), and they rub slightly on the pinch weld at full lock. Nothing that worries me.

Tires have between 15-20k miles on them, I installed them last winter.

In in Joliet, IL near Chicago.

Mr_Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2009, 01:20 AM   #2
Heftiger
2008 KK Liberty 

Nice rims. Unfortunately I don't have the lift to accommodate those tires. Just thought I'd complement your Jeep
Heftiger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
Mr_Nick

Thanks for the compliment! I'd make you a deal if you wanted to trade and buy the Revtek lift kit...

You local?
Unread 12-03-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
osargd
2004 KJ Liberty 

I have a 2004 KJ, if you cant move the lift and if it would fit my 04' i'd be interested... I have stock wheels on my Liberty also, but im pretty sure you wouldnt want them on your KK... let me know though. Good luck man...
Unread 12-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
99xjjoe
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have 06 kj alloy wheels and i live by you.But are kj and kk the same bolt pattern?If you want to work some thing out
Unread 12-04-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
Mr_Nick

Same bolt pattern, but I need KK wheels to bring the trade in value back to where I'd like it to be.

Thanks for the offers though guys!

Nick
Unread 12-05-2009, 05:48 AM   #7
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

You have a nice looking KK in your picture Mr Nick.

Just curious why you are going to trade it in and for what?
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #8
Mr_Nick

I buy cars and use them as they are "designed" to be used. I always wanted 4wd offroad type vehicle, and finally got one with the KK. But in the almost 2 years I've owned it, I never took it offroading... except for playing around in vacant construction sites. I also have a slight need for speed, and the KK definitely does NOT fit that bill. So I'm not using it as designed, and I wish it was faster every time I drive it.

So, I'm looking for a Dodge Magnum R/T, or possibly an SRT8 if I can afford the price and insurance.

Some of my friends think I'm crazy, I already have a pretty quick 1969 Cutlass... but I like to have power all the time if I feel the urge... and the Cutlass is a nice weather only car.
Unread 01-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #9
CoachRamirez
2008 KK Liberty 

SOOO tempting. I have an 08 limited with 17's w/33k. Just got my 2" daystar lift in the mail and have been searching online for 255/65/17's. I live on Long Island in NY though. I would love to see them in person and how and where they rub. I don't think a trade will work due to my location. However, when you did drive it on construction sites did the tires rub at all any other times than full lock? I drive on the beach and the suspension will compress a lot and often. A lot of bouncing goes on with the wheels straight and turned. I am trying to find out how well this size tire would work for me. Also, how much did your mpg's change when you got the new tires?
CoachRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #10
Mr_Nick

I lost about 1mpg overall with the heavier wheels. It rubs at the pinch weld at the back side of the tire, behind the plastic wheel well liner. If you rub it with your hand you can feel where it is. At stock height it also rubbed the front just a hair, but not once I lifted it. Get the right backspacing and you won't have any problems with 255/65/17's. My wheels have about 1/2" less back spacing then they should, so when I turn the tires "swing" out and catch the pinch weld.
Unread 01-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #11
Mr_Nick

I found a pic, you can see where the plastic is rubbed clean on the inner fender. Where I put the red line... there is now a slit worn thru the plastic from the tire. Under compression with the tire turned, it would rub more. I never ran into any problems with it jamming while I played around, but some more serious flex might be an issue.

Get the right backspacing and you'll be fine. Or just run a 245/65/17, I think that would have been totally fine on these rims. That's what the Commanders have, just as a reference.

Unread 01-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #12
jeeperx2

i have got a set of kk alloy wheels 16" with the chrome and stock tires w 14k on them. what kind of $$ would you be thinking? im in dsm , ia. could be a serious possibility that i would want the lift,tires & wheels.
jeeperx2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #13
Mr_Nick

Just sold the Liberty this weekend with all accessories still on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.