Traction Control Issue - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Traction Control Issue

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 03-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #16
Korruptor

I had the same issue with the TCS. It would intemittently ding and the light would illuminate and remain on while driving. Or would come on when the vehicle was started. Sometimes my cruise would not engage, or it would disengage if I had it engaged.
After a engine off/restart the light would almost always illuminate and disappear like it should. I was going to bring it in at my next oil change interval except one day I had the TCS, ESP, ABS, and the check engine light come on. I took it in the next day and they said that it was a sensor that monitors my braking. They told me that as far as the Jeep was concerned, I didn't have any brakes, so it could not use any of the systems.
Apparently this was the intermittent cause for my cruise not working, and apparently I didn't have any brake lights either because it didn't know I was braking. The part and labour cost me about $170CDN

I also had an issue, about 30,000km's earlier where the "serv4wd" light would come on for me intermittently and I took the vehicle to the dealer numerous times. Whenever they would go out the light wouldn't come on for them and they said there was no codes stored.
Finally one day it happened while I was driving by so I dropped in and left the engine running. They wound up replacing a sensor in the transfer case. The system was apparently engaging and disengaging normally even when it was saying there was a fault, and you could hear it working, but something weird was happening and it thought something was wrong.

Unread 03-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #17
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

love the evil dead sig
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 07:13 AM   #18
Korruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMF View Post
love the evil dead sig

Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun.
Groovy.
Unread 03-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #19
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

lol yeah, its one of my fav expressions
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #20
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

limited slip

anyone installed a locker or dana limit. slip and if so did it eff up the e.t.c??
Unread 01-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #21
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27tubguy View Post
anyone installed a locker or dana limit. slip and if so did it eff up the e.t.c??
In the 8.25 rear, I meant.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.