TPMS sensor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > TPMS sensor

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
krgilhousen

TPMS sensor

I just put 4 new tires on my jeep. One of the sensors broke so I replaced it and now when I turn it on the light blinks for a few seconds then stays on steady. The dealership is dicking me around. Does the sensor need programmed or something? Or is it possible I received a bad sensor?

krgilhousen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

When the indicator blinks for several seconds and then goes steady, its a system fault, which could be a sensor. There are two frequencies used in the KK, you may have picked up one with the wrong frequency. A tire shop can scan the wheels with their portable sensor to verify the TPMS sensor is working. Some do it for free.

The OEM sensors and TPMS does not need to be reset, it will reset after ~10 minutes of driving, but the vehicle needs to be stationary ~20 minutes to kick off the calibration..

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.