TPMS not reading - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > TPMS not reading

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 07-22-2014, 06:42 PM   #1
NBM
2008 KK Liberty 

TPMS not reading

Before starting a new thread I searched for a while but it seems I'm the first to have this issue.
We bought our 2008 KK Limited with 60,000 miles about 2 months ago and replace the wheels and tires in the first week of ownership. We had a single chime like the seat belt chime while driving once or twice a week but never any lights or errors. Today the chime was steady and the TPMS is not reading any of the tires. The numbers for each tire pressure is blank and the wife drove it from work to home about 20 miles and nothing changed.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

NBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Did it ever read pressure after the wheel and tire change?
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
NBM
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drednot View Post
Did it ever read pressure after the wheel and tire change?
Yes it worked ok until yesterday. The pressure readings were off a few pounds but working well enough.
Unread 07-23-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

The odds of all four failing at once are very slim. I would possibly pay for someone to hook it up to a scanner to see what is up. Is there any other strange behaviors?
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #5
RENE65
2008 KK Liberty 

You could also try the electrical gremlin fix for the kk. Unplug the battery for 15-30 minutes and see what happens. Hey its FREE
RENE65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #6
NBM
2008 KK Liberty 

I have a scanner and no codes. I'll give it a few days to see if it clears up then I'll unhook the battery.
Unread 07-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBM View Post
I have a scanner and no codes. I'll give it a few days to see if it clears up then I'll unhook the battery.
Unfortunately the basic scanners don't go deep enough to read the modules in this case. At best they do engine and transmission codes...

Actually, my Hypertech tuner goes deeper. I was able to record the ABS and Body Module codes that mine was tripping with the Hypertech yet my OBDII scanner told me "no codes found".

You may have to get it to a dealer.
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #8
NBM
2008 KK Liberty 

Yesterday it started reading pressures again. Not sure what happened but it's working properly for now. I need to learn more about the car and accessories. I'll start with learning about the Hypertech I guess. Thanks for the replies.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.