JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   Toyo OC MT's or Goodyear Duratracs (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/toyo-oc-mts-goodyear-duratracs-1483034/)

shawnicles 02-22-2013 03:56 PM

Toyo OC MT's or Goodyear Duratracs

2 Attachment(s)
Hello All,

So I do realize these are both totally different tires but I am having a really hard time leaning towards one or the other. I like the MT's because they are beefier and are 10-ply which be better off road with tougher sidewall's etc but I like duratracs because they are great in almost anything and even have a winter rating.

I just put a lift in my vehicle and bought some rims so now this is the last choice and i'm having a hell of a time choosing. Sooooo I was hoping you fellow jeepers could help me out and make the choice for me with some valid and appreciated advice!

I know there are a lot of tires out there besides these but I am going to go with one or the other. Which would you choose?

Have a good weekend everyone! :cheers2:

tjkj2002 02-22-2013 06:51 PM

The Toyo's are way better then the duratracs.The only downfall of the Toyo's is they are heavy for there size but balance very well,and ride great,little to no noise,and are a tough tire.They generally last awhile also for being a agressive MT tire.

rescue575 02-22-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnicles
Hello All,

So I do realize these are both totally different tires but I am having a really hard time leaning towards one or the other. I like the MT's because they are beefier and are 10-ply which be better off road with tougher sidewall's etc but I like duratracs because they are great in almost anything and even have a winter rating.

I just put a lift in my vehicle and bought some rims so now this is the last choice and i'm having a hell of a time choosing. Sooooo I was hoping you fellow jeepers could help me out and make the choice for me with some valid and appreciated advice!

I know there are a lot of tires out there besides these but I am going to go with one or the other. Which would you choose?

Have a good weekend everyone! :cheers2:

Gotta say, I was set on the duratracs, but after looking at that picture I think I like them toyo's too.

Also, there is a higher ply duratracs as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

shawnicles 02-22-2013 10:32 PM

Yeah I think I have to choose the Toyo's. They are about 300 more for the set than the duratracs but I think they will be worth it in the end.

Drednot 02-23-2013 01:02 AM

The duratracs will be better in the snow with the little zig-zaggy snow sipes.

Bmxer524 02-23-2013 01:28 AM

I always heard good things about Toyos(and Nittos, I think they're the same company), but have also heard good things about Duratracs. I haven't had either, so I have no hands on experience. I do like the look of the Toyos, but as a broke college student I would never be able to afford them lol

shawnicles 02-23-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmxer524 (Post 15020134)
I always heard good things about Toyos(and Nittos, I think they're the same company), but have also heard good things about Duratracs. I haven't had either, so I have no hands on experience. I do like the look of the Toyos, but as a broke college student I would never be able to afford them lol

Yeah it sucks being there as a lot of people have been there at some point right with you. But it all gets better in time!

Bmxer524 02-23-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnicles (Post 15021818)
Yeah it sucks being there as a lot of people have been there at some point right with you. But it all gets better in time!

I'm hoping so. Don't get me wrong, I have a great part time as a 19 year old. I make about $12-13 a hour depending on tips, it's just spending $70+ a week in gas is a killer. Slowly but surely it's adding up. I'm adding a lift in the spring and then tires. After that, I'll be happy til it comes time to trade it in lol.

Let us know how the tires work out for you. It'd be nice to get a Toyo review from a KK owner :2thumbsup:

shawnicles 02-23-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmxer524 (Post 15022164)
I'm hoping so. Don't get me wrong, I have a great part time as a 19 year old. I make about $12-13 a hour depending on tips, it's just spending $70+ a week in gas is a killer. Slowly but surely it's adding up. I'm adding a lift in the spring and then tires. After that, I'll be happy til it comes time to trade it in lol.

Let us know how the tires work out for you. It'd be nice to get a Toyo review from a KK owner :2thumbsup:

For sure, i'll definitely will be adding pictures when it happens in a week or so now, just in time for my birthday! :cheers2:

27tubguy 02-24-2013 06:10 PM

duratracs with 3k on em

And Ive had em on rocks in deep snow, and 3000 on the hiway, and I love them they make 10 ply also.

TheMill 02-24-2013 06:21 PM

I'd go with the Duratracs.

Dexter612 02-25-2013 07:13 AM

I'm very happy with my Toyo Open Country II. Pavement and snow driving so far. Much better than the oem Goodyears it came with.

rescue575 02-25-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter612
I'm very happy with my Toyo Open Country II. Pavement and snow driving so far. Much better than the oem Goodyears it came with.

I like the Toyo's too, but I have not been able to find a set of 245/75E16 at any of my local tire places.

shawnicles 02-25-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rescue575 (Post 15032239)

I like the Toyo's too, but I have not been able to find a set of 245/75E16 at any of my local tire places.

I had a pair so they are around. I actually decided to go with 265/75/r16 and for some reason they were 100 bucks cheaper for the set.

rescue575 02-25-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnicles

I had a pair so they are around. I actually decided to go with 265/75/r16 and for some reason they were 100 bucks cheaper for the set.

They fit with no problems?

The time now is 04:28 AM.