Which tow hitch to go with - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Which tow hitch to go with

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 04-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
airsteve25
2009 KK Liberty 

Which tow hitch to go with

I'm a new and proud owner of a 2009 Jeep Liberty, a few back I owned a Cherokee so it's great to be back in a more modern Jeep.

I'm looking to purchase a Tow Reciever, was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to whether the MOPAR is better than an aftermarket brand such as Curt ?

I can buy the Curt class 3 for about $150 on amazon, where as I cannot get the Mopar for any cheaper than $200. Any thoughts as to going with either or makes a differnce?

I'm guessing the Mopar reciever will fit better. Thanks all, great to be part of the forum.

-Steve

airsteve25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
az16339
2009 KK Liberty 

The Mopar OEM hitch looks better than any after-market hitch I've seen. Especially the way it integrates in the bumper. The few extra $'s are worth it, IMHO.
az16339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
08KKJeepGrn
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by az16339 View Post
The Mopar OEM hitch looks better than any after-market hitch I've seen. Especially the way it integrates in the bumper. The few extra $'s are worth it, IMHO.
X2.. also you get what you pay for., Curt's hitch hangs lower, where Mopar's flush right up with the bumper
I went with Mopar..
Mopar's hitch also has a anti-rust black powder coast like material on it.
Soon to come: '13/'14 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
08KKJeepGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
Deichler
2008 KK Liberty 

I have the Curt hitch. Got it for @ $140 at Farm and Fleet. I like it. Very nice well built hitch, and no rust issues here. I have an 08 KK Liberty.
Deichler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
griff02
2008 KK Liberty 

Depends on what you'll be doing with the jeep. I have a 4x4 so I knew clearance was key, so the MOPAR worked out best, granted that was after I had thrown on a "hidden hitch". Now I have a "like new" receiver in my shed that I can't decide what to use it for.
griff02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
airsteve25
2009 KK Liberty 

Ok Thank You all for the information. Looks like I will be going with Mopar as well, for hopefully the perfect fit and clearance like Griff said. Found a site to buy it a little cheaper than Mopar store, site is justforjeeps.com.

Thanks again all.

-Steve
Unread 04-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #7
08KKJeepGrn
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsteve25 View Post
Ok Thank You all for the information. Looks like I will be going with Mopar as well, for hopefully the perfect fit and clearance like Griff said. Found a site to buy it a little cheaper than Mopar store, site is justforjeeps.com.

Thanks again all.

-Steve
Hey Steve, just a heads up on justforjeeps.com they are actually Central Chrysler Jeep Dodge out of Norwood Ma. (where I purchased my Jeep) and the'll will honor the Internet price even if you wanted to pick up the hitch so they dont hit you with shipping charges. the people there in the parts dept are really great!
Unread 04-25-2011, 05:20 PM   #8
08KKJeepGrn
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsteve25 View Post

Thanks again all.

-Steve
Sorry, I just relized that your from NY. anyways they are great peps
Unread 04-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #9
airsteve25
2009 KK Liberty 

Hey Thank you for that info, I actually bought it from justforjeeps.com and even found a coupon code which saved me $10, so in the end I paid $211 for it and only $7 to ship it. I'm happy with the purchase and I actually just received the tow hitch receiver today which is what I meant to ask everyone about, not the hitch.

I just got it in the mail today so I'm very happy with their service, this weekend I shall be installing it. Thanks again everyone, huge help. HERE IS THE COUPON CODE for justforjeeps.com

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/justforjeeps.com

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.