Tommudd vs. OME Lift Kit's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Tommudd vs. OME Lift Kit's

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
ghostimpala

Tommudd vs. OME Lift Kit's

I would like to buy a decent lift kit for my KK but as many of you have discovered there are varying kit's and opinions. I've narrowed my search to the Tommudd or OME kits from Jeepinbyal and or the skyjacker Plat kit. I'm not a serious off-roader and anticipate that the Jeep will only go on moderate trails if any. I'm more interested in an aggressive stance using bigger tires.
Does anyone have an opinion regarding the kits noted above and or that of another kit?
Will I have to purchase anything in addition to the kits (are they complete) and or change anything like the drive shaft, gear ratio or break lines with a 3in kit?
My KK has 18in wheels (about 29in stock w/tires). I see everyone key's in on 245/75r-16's but am skepticle 16in wheels will clear and 245/75r-17's place me at roughly 31in which may rub.

Thanks for the help all.

ghostimpala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Stay away from the Skyjacker for one, the springs are rated same as stock and will sag just like stock ones do
As far as the other two you mention
OME is springs and shocks only
The Econo includes everything pretty much you need
so hard to compare when they are both different
Unread 04-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
ghostimpala

Tom, agree with your assessment of the OEM and TM packages. Regarding the Econo, you noted "pretty much" so I have to ask what's the addition required.
Also, if I buy the econo will I have to change my gear ratio, drive shaft or break lines?
Final question - will 16in wheels fit on a 2012 KK; I've only seen 17's and 18's.
Thanks for the info and thanks for putting together a kit with JBA.
Unread 04-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostimpala View Post
Tom, agree with your assessment of the OEM and TM packages. Regarding the Econo, you noted "pretty much" so I have to ask what's the addition required.
Also, if I buy the econo will I have to change my gear ratio, drive shaft or break lines?
Final question - will 16in wheels fit on a 2012 KK; I've only seen 17's and 18's.
Thanks for the info and thanks for putting together a kit with JBA.
Bumpstops
gear ratio - depends on what size tires you go with, 245-75-16s will work good with stock gearing
16 inch will work on a 12 KK
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #5
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

I would like to ask a quick question on this. If I wasn't look to lift my Lib but just improving the ride / handling would ome shock and spring do the trick vs replacing these part with mopar.
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #6
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Replacing the suspension ( springs and shocks) with aftermarket like OME would be 100 times better than Mopar parts
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #7
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Thanks will do
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #8
ghostimpala

Thanks Tom, I will give Al's a call this week.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.