Tire and shovel/axe carrier for Yakima loadwarrior - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Tire and shovel/axe carrier for Yakima loadwarrior

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 05-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Tire and shovel/axe carrier for Yakima loadwarrior

Recently picked up a loadwarrior since it was on sale and want to be able to mount my spare tire, axe and shovel on it. However the mounts from Yakima seem pretty expensive, essentially the shovel/axe carrier is just a couple of clips. I was curious to see if anybody here has any homemade brackets for the axe and shovel, or a good way to mount the spare tire to the basket. I have straps and bungee cords but would prefer something a little more long term than that.

JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Original Quick Fist® Clamp for mounting tools & equipment 1" - 2-1/4" diameter (Pack of 2)
http://amzn.com/B000CQPANY
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575
Original Quick Fist® Clamp for mounting tools & equipment 1" - 2-1/4" diameter (Pack of 2)
Dont know how the quality is, but I have these in my wish list for when I decide to order my basket.
Unread 05-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
That's more like it, I'll have to try out when set and see how they do before I order the second. $45 for axe/shovel brackets seemed a little excessive. Thanks!

Any ideas for a tire mount? I'm getting a full size spare in a few weeks when I swap out my tires and just feel like a spare tire won't do me much good if it's already punctured from the trail ride.
Unread 05-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #5
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

The clips are strong I installed the shovel on one side and an axe on the other side in the garage. The door was hanging low and when pulled out of the garage I took the door with me. The shovel stayed on lol.

Here is a pic with the axe.
jeffs-pics2-00751.jpg  
Unread 05-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #6
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello
The clips are strong I installed the shovel on one side and an axe on the other side in the garage. The door was hanging low and when pulled out of the garage I took the door with me. The shovel stayed on lol.

Here is a pic with the axe.
Are those the Yakima brackets or the ones that rescue linked? And taking out my garage door is one of my biggest fears about the roof basket haha.
Yakima Loadwarrior
Unread 05-29-2013, 12:36 AM   #7
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

They are the Yakima brackets, I just put chain lock around the axe, didn't want some nut job to rip it off my rack. Make sure measure your garage and make sure when you open the garage door it opens all the way
Unread 05-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyC99

That's more like it, I'll have to try out when set and see how they do before I order the second. $45 for axe/shovel brackets seemed a little excessive. Thanks!

Any ideas for a tire mount? I'm getting a full size spare in a few weeks when I swap out my tires and just feel like a spare tire won't do me much good if it's already punctured from the trail ride.
Haven't researched tire mounts. Never planned on needing one but when all else fails, search amazon. I have found some if my best deals on there.
Unread 05-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
Halloween

Thanks for posting a photo - I have the army green 2011 and wanted to put a safari basket on top but never saw an actual photo till now
Halloween is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.