For those with a Sky Slider ... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > For those with a Sky Slider ...

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

View Poll Results: If you own a KK w/ Sky Slider, would you get the slider again?
Yes (like/love it) 12 92.31%
No (too many problems, novelty wore off, etc) 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
jtk

For those with a Sky Slider ...

I'm deliberating whether to get the sky slider as an option. As part of that decision I thought it would be interesting to survey those w/ sliders to simply ask "if you were doing it over, would you still get it?"

Please only vote if you actually own a KK w/ the slider. appreciate it!

jtk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
lakespeedy
2014 JK Wrangler 

Absolutely. After 5 months and over 10K miles, no worries. It's quieter than you would think for a canvas-covered hole in your roof. Open it some of the way. Open it all of the way. Open it forward. Open in backward. Nothing else is as versitile.

However, there is currently no roof rack option for a Sky Slider. I'm willing to work around that.

2010 Liberty Renegade
Unread 08-25-2010, 11:59 PM   #3
bigworm36
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have had over 6000 dollars of repairs done to my skyslider covered by the warranty, but driving it in the tucson mountains offroad with the top back deff makes the hassel of getting it fixed worth while. I have not had any problems since. Even when taking it into touchless car wash, no leaks. I dont think there is anything better other than maybe a wrangler.

Current- 2011 Rubicon Unlimited
bigworm36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
jtk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigworm36 View Post
I have had over 6000 dollars of repairs done to my skyslider covered by the warranty, but driving it in the tucson mountains offroad with the top back deff makes the hassel of getting it fixed worth while. I have not had any problems since. Even when taking it into touchless car wash, no leaks. I dont think there is anything better other than maybe a wrangler.
thanks everyone. I'm actually from Tucson and know exactly what you mean. Can't wait to get back to the west. cheers
jtk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #5
CajunPatriot
2011 KK Liberty 

Only had mine for about 2 weeks, but having had convertibles for 10 years, it is a great thing what Jeep did to the Liberty. It was either the Liberty Limited or the Wrangler Unlimited but I chose the Liberty because of the ease of opening the top. Push a button and topless you go compared to manually taking the top down on the Wrangler or taking off the top if I got the hard top option. My wife would have had difficulties with the Wrangler. Plus the incentives and tons of novelties that came with the Liberty Limited outweighed the cost of the Wrangler Unlimited with basic novelties and no incentives.
CajunPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2010, 08:03 AM   #6
KUHawkhead
2008 KK Liberty 

You do NOT want to take these through high pressure washes. Go through the ones that use the "rags" going over your vehicle, NOT the high pressure, as this can damage the seal and not be covered under warranty.
KUHawkhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.