Thinking about selling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Thinking about selling

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
LibertyRS
2012 KK Liberty 

Hey guys,

So as much work I've put into my lib and how much I've loved building her up, I posted her for sale. Lib is terrible on gas for me and with the amount I'm driving I need something with much better highway miles. It sucks to take such a loss. KBB is 18 private party and only 15 trade in value.

Basically once I find a buyer or vehicle to trade with I'm going part her out with all my aftermarket parts. (Headlights only to locals)

What do y'all think I should be a$king for her?

2012 sport with 31k

image-2944089644.jpg

LibertyRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Cobradwight
2012 KK Liberty 

Sad thing is they are not worth much as trade in. Depending what u owe your gonna take a loss. Sell all your aftermaket parts before trading in or selling unless pp buyer will pay extra for u to leave it as she sits.
Cobradwight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
jeff52984
2010 KK Liberty 

Im local and like the lights hmmm. Not sure if it helps but I bought my 2010 with 16k on it 4 months ago from a dealer for $16,000 but was all stock before
jeff52984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

You might do better than you think if you go to a dealer that needs to get some cars off the lot, if you show up to a dealer that sells the most popular cars out there , they wont work much with you. Find one that has too many 12 or 13s still on the lot, needing to make room for the 14s that are rolling out and you will find somebody to give you what you need on the KK to make it worth it, they can afford to play with the numbers if they are willing. Its all in the timing, there are times they must do anything they can to get certain cars moved, even take a small loss....you just cant be in too much of a rush and be willing to walk out if needed a few times.

I would strip what you can , get it close to stock and then give it a shot.
rangerr47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Thats a nice looking KK and i'm sure theres gotta be someone out there to buy it as is. If you market your Libby with all the mods you've done to it. You might be able to get a decent private party value for it. Unfortunately unless your Jeep says Wrangler or Grand Cherokee your not going to get squat in trade in.

I bought a 2010 Patriot brand new for 21k and 3 years later traded it in on my Liberty. I only got 12k in trade
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
jeepster1947
2012 KK Liberty 

Do the math before selling. Lets say you will lose about $6,000. Lets also say you will potentially increase gas mileage from 16mpg to 22mpg.
16,000 mi. per yr. avg / 16 mpg = 1000 gal. gas per year.
16,000 mi. per yr. avg / 22 mpg = 727 gal. gas per year with the replacement vehicle saving you 273 gal. per year.
273 gal. per year saved x $3.40 per gallon = $928 per year saved in fuel costs.
$6,000 loss / $928 per year fuel savings = 6 1/2 years to break even. You probably wouldn't keep the replacement vehicle that long.
Keep the KK and enjoy the upgrades you put into it.
jeepster1947 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #7
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Jeepster that was a great response...
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #8
Stang977
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Do the math before selling.
Great synopsis!

Keep it and have fun!
Stang977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.