Teraflex Level kit or lift boost will help my rubbing issue - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Teraflex Level kit or lift boost will help my rubbing issue

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #16
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

Ted what i have is blackrock lobos 16x8 BS of 5inch and i have on 255/70/16 I get rub at full choke everyday ridding seems fine. So either i lift or i get a tad of smaller tires. Tires is cheaper cause Discount will help me out. Lift is going to cost me alot it sounds like. And changing the rims is not an option no returns they are one. Me going to a 245 might be the answer i guess?

SarOpsSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #17
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Part of the issue is till the wheels
throw them away and get 7 inches wide
LOL They are brand new.
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #18
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

As a last resort, you could try wheel spacers. Are they rubbing on the inside, especially I reverse? Tom's correct, if you're running 8" wheels, 5" of backspace is too much. It causes the inside of the tire to touch stuff when you turn.
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #19
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

But you bought the wrong size, going to smaller tires is not good since then the wheels will be too wide for the tires . Installing smaller tires on an 8 inch wheel spreads the beads too far apart unless you are going to a 60 or 65 series very low profile
going to a say 245-70 on those rims is asking for more problems
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #20
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

Yeah the rub on the inside at full choke.... Tom I agree with ya what pisses me off I was told this would work. I cant return the rims so I eat over 400 dollars. I can exchange the tires so that is why looking that route. Thank again
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #21
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Variables come into play when installing any aftermarket tire/wheel combo
Then you add in some folks who haven't a clue telling you they will work because their Uncles, cousins boyfriend ex father in laws girlfriends installed the same size wheels on a CJ back in 79 so sure they should work
Unread 06-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #22
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

While I don't like wheel spacers, it looks like that's your only hope at MAYBE fixing the problem. If you go that way, make sure they're hub centric with your bolt pattern not universal.
If you're having the same problem as I was, the inside corner of your tire is picking up the plastic inner fender at the front and making all kinds of noise. You could tie the inner plastic shield with zip ties and pull it away from your tires, or you could let it rub, eventually the tires will wear the plastic away. You could even trim the plastic away. Otherwise, you need to replace your rims.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.