Teraflex Level kit or lift boost will help my rubbing issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Teraflex Level kit or lift boost will help my rubbing issue

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 06-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

Teraflex Level kit or lift boost will help my rubbing issue

I was wondering if anyone has either a Teraflex level kit or boost lift. I have 255/70/16 on a 16x8 blackrock rim and im getting a little rub on full choke. I was wondering will any of these two will fix my issue? Or will raising it not help cause its a width issue? Any help would be great.

Looking for people who have this tire size and rim size and have either of these solutions and it gave you the room you needed. Thanks

SarOpsSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

8 inch wheels are killing ya for one thing, not knowing the backspacing could be another
Tire size as well to some extent
You could do a clevis lift of 3/8 of an inch and a 1/4 inch top plate to level the front with the rear pretty much
Not knowing how old you KK is / how much the springs have sagged its hard to say what else you may need to do
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
8 inch wheels are killing ya for one thing, not knowing the backspacing could be another
Tire size as well to some extent
You could do a clevis lift of 3/8 of an inch and a 1/4 inch top plate to level the front with the rear pretty much
Not knowing how old you KK is / how much the springs have sagged its hard to say what else you may need to do
Sorry its a 2011 sport as far as the rims they are blackrock lobos 16x8 +13 offset with a 5 inch backspace.
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

Teraflex offer a level kit wich is 2 inch in front and 1 inch in back. The back wheels are fine plenty of clearence its the front. Its ok when wheel is staright having issues at full choke or sharper turns. I'm seeing the rubbing far back corner not bad but its rubbing
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

It would help possibly for a while until your springs sag more
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
It would help possibly for a while until your springs sag more
You think the level kit will do the trick or do i need to go with the boost lift they have 1.5 and 2 inch. Thanks
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarOpsSix
I was wondering if anyone has either a Teraflex level kit or boost lift. I have 255/70/16 on a 16x8 blackrock rim and im getting a little rub on full choke. I was wondering will any of these two will fix my issue? Or will raising it not help cause its a width issue? Any help would be great.

Looking for people who have this tire size and rim size and have either of these solutions and it gave you the room you needed. Thanks
Yes it will help. No it isn't a good idea. I ran that for about a year. Got it from RRO. They market it under the over the top lift. You will bottom out the front shocks frequently and the rear shocks that came with mine absolutely sucked and you will need longer rear shocks, not to mention the upper control arm contact with the factory arms. For a few hundred more you could get OME.
What's the backspace on your rims? That probably has a lot to do with your rubbing issue. 5" is too much backspace with a wider tire, especially with an 8" rim. The most backspace you should run is 4".
The lift comes with a 2" poly spacer for the rear and a welded steel spacer (2") for the front. It's very difficult to install without a spring compressor because the clevis bolt won't line up by about 1/2".
Unread 06-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #8
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

So it shows up now?
Unread 06-11-2013, 06:07 AM   #9
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
So it shows up now?
Happens every now and again for some reason
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #10
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Yes it will help. No it isn't a good idea. I ran that for about a year. Got it from RRO. They market it under the over the top lift. You will bottom out the front shocks frequently and the rear shocks that came with mine absolutely sucked and you will need longer rear shocks, not to mention the upper control arm contact with the factory arms. For a few hundred more you could get OME.
What's the backspace on your rims? That probably has a lot to do with your rubbing issue. 5" is too much backspace with a wider tire, especially with an 8" rim. The most backspace you should run is 4".
The lift comes with a 2" poly spacer for the rear and a welded steel spacer (2") for the front. It's very difficult to install without a spring compressor because the clevis bolt won't line up by about 1/2".
This is the teraflex you are taliking about ist a 1.75 inch lift boost here is the link

http://www.teraflex.biz/kk-liberty-1...oost-2008.html

So im getting this thursday and you are telling me this will not fit?
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #11
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

It may fit but its a junk a** way to lift
You'll hate the ride and the way it handles
Save up the money and do it right
For what you are paying for that crap you're half way to a new full spring lift
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #12
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

That's the one, same crap RRO sells and the only one teraflex makes for a KK. You'll need longer shocks for the rear as well. I posted my reply shortly after you asked the question in your first post. I don't know why it didn't show up until I posted again. I was trying to save you some money.
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #13
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

I called teraflex asking for a pair of 1" spacers for the rear but they don't have anything that'll fit a KK. I was told the market wasn't there. I tried to tell him some suggestions about how he could sell some smaller spacers to go with suspension lifts but he didn't even want to hear it.
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #14
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I called teraflex asking for a pair of 1" spacers for the rear but they don't have anything that'll fit a KK. I was told the market wasn't there. I tried to tell him some suggestions about how he could sell some smaller spacers to go with suspension lifts but he didn't even want to hear it.
Well the guys a discount tire are willing to help me out that company really stands by there ****. So if i return these shocks and with a 245 will i be good? Like i said its almost there it barely rubs.
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #15
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Part of the issue is till the wheels
throw them away and get 7 inches wide

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.