Tailgate Rear Window Hinge Crack - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Tailgate Rear Window Hinge Crack

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-02-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
mai-ling
2008 KK Liberty 

Tailgate Rear Window Hinge Crack

Need to know if I can replace the hinge only? Where I can buy a hinge only.
It's for a 2008.

mai-ling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.factorymoparparts.com/57010061ab.html
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
mai-ling
2008 KK Liberty 

Thanks! My husband did some searching and found a tutorial on Lost Jeeps and the part #
and I just ordered it off of factorymoparparts.com

Thanks for posting just in case we didn't find it.
Considering I just noticed it on Thursday.
Unread 08-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #4
Reskar
2010 KK Liberty 

Your other option is that it comes with the window. window replacement is free under insurance in ny not site about where you live
Reskar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
brunolambert
2008 KK Liberty 

changed one last week. Just make sure you get the good one, driver and passenger side are different. If yours is really 38$ I'm jealous because I paid 85 CAD at the dealer.

It's an easy driveway change. Easier if you're two (my spouse helped me hold the windows) but I can probably be done alone. If when unscrewing the windows part the thing break in your hand, don't panic. You can easily break the plastic part and remove it without issue.

I would do this ASAP. I've read stories of it breaking, which usually include buying a new window. And while I did mine it did break in my hands so if it's already in that shape, I wouldn't open it
bad.jpg   better.jpg   salt.jpg  
Unread 08-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #6
brunolambert
2008 KK Liberty 

Well just found the tutorial you probably have: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...49&hilit=HINGE

way better than my post.
Unread 08-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #7
mai-ling
2008 KK Liberty 

Hey I appreciate the help and advice from all people.
Thanks Bruno!
Unread 08-02-2014, 09:46 PM   #8
mai-ling
2008 KK Liberty 

yours almost looks like mine too!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.