Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H13? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H13?

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
bwsooner6
Apprentice

2008 KK Liberty 

My headlights suck, has anyone had bulbs they really like? Are Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H13 worth the $50? "if it's on the internet, it must be true" ~ Abraham Lincoln

At The Helm Roof Rack & Front Recovery System
bwsooner6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

I put Silverstars in mine, they work great. You are right though, the stock bulbs suck. First thing I changed on my KK.
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #3
coltsbr
2008 KK Liberty 

I changed mine out with the Sylvania Silverstar ZXE bulbs. They have a nice white light to them and are very bright.
coltsbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #4
Dewphy
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearyman View Post
I put Silverstars in mine, they work great. You are right though, the stock bulbs suck. First thing I changed on my KK.
First thing I changed as well. I also went with Silverstar Ultras. Couldn't be happier for the money, especially coming from the stock bulbs.
Dewphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #5
Babaki
2012 KK Liberty 

biggest difference for me was fog lights. i put in some super bright piaa yellow bulbs in there, made much more of impact than switching to silverstars.
Babaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #6
bwsooner6
Apprentice

2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaki
biggest difference for me was fog lights. i put in some super bright piaa yellow bulbs in there, made much more of impact than switching to silverstars.
Mine doesn't fave fogs, so that's not an option. I could use my 30" and 12" LED bars, but other drivers and the police would not appreciate that

"if it's on the internet, it must be true" ~ Abraham Lincoln
Unread 12-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
RENE65
2008 KK Liberty 

Put those Sylvania bulbs for my headlamps,made a huge difference,now I am wondering if I should also use them for my fog lamps .Anyone tried them in the factory fogs ?
RENE65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENE65 View Post
Put those Sylvania bulbs for my headlamps,made a huge difference,now I am wondering if I should also use them for my fog lamps .Anyone tried them in the factory fogs ?
Would they fit? I'm not even sure what kind of bulbs the fogs take.
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I just had a fog go out so I bought a pair of these. Haven't installed them yet but I can post back after I do. I am still running the OEM headlamp bulbs from 2008, so I will be getting Silverstars for those eventually, but can't quite bring myself to replace bulbs that still work!
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #10
RENE65
2008 KK Liberty 

They are H10 for the fogs.
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #11
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post
I just had a fog go out so I bought a pair of these. Haven't installed them yet but I can post back after I do. I am still running the OEM headlamp bulbs from 2008, so I will be getting Silverstars for those eventually, but can't quite bring myself to replace bulbs that still work!

Do it. Words can't do justice to the dramatic difference the Silverstars make over the stock bulbs. The stock bulbs, much like the stock tires on the KK are absolute throwaway junk. Not even worth the value of the materials they are made from. Have no qualms about being rid of them. Trust me, you will wonder why you waited so long.
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #12
bwsooner6
Apprentice

2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearyman
Do it. Words can't do justice to the dramatic difference the Silverstars make over the stock bulbs. The stock bulbs, much like the stock tires on the KK are absolute throwaway junk. Not even worth the value of the materials they are made from. Have no qualms about being rid of them. Trust me, you will wonder why you waited so long.
Do you run the top Silverstar ultra $59 a set ones? I don't mind spending if the life of them is decent
There's like three tiers of choices

Unread 12-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwsooner6 View Post
Do you run the top Silverstar ultra $59 a set ones? I don't mind spending if the life of them is decent

Nope, just the ordinary Silverstars. Got them at my local Pep Boys. Even the cheap ones are better than the crap stock bulbs.
Unread 12-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #14
Dewphy
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwsooner6 View Post

I would save some cash and stick with the Ultras. You could get the top level (the ZXEs I believe) but they will have a much shorter life.
Dewphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #15
RENE65
2008 KK Liberty 

on the package it was indicated the aprox lifespan and it was like only 1/3 as long as a regular bulb but its the best investment I made on my KK.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.