Suspension SQUEAK in 08 KK Liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Suspension SQUEAK in 08 KK Liberty

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
racer2421

Suspension SQUEAK in 08 KK Liberty

Hey guys,

For a long time now I have had a suspension squeak when going over bumps. Of course my warranty is over so I am stuck with the issue myself. The squeak seems to happen when going over uneven pavement and I suspect the rear sway bar bushings may be the culprit. It is definately a squeak not a groan, and sounds very much like metal on metal with a high pitch sound. Have any of you had this problem? Any common suspension problems I should start with? Thanks for the help!

Ray
San Diego, CA
2008 Liberty Sport with Skyslider

racer2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
sloan74
2013 JK Wrangler 

Does it squeak when you push up and down on the jeep, with the engine off just sitting in park etc.
sloan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
jsfrymark
2008 KK Liberty 

I've got the same thing going on and I can't find it; haven't been able to look too hard though. At first I noticed some grooves starting to develop in one of the brake disks and wrote it off to the pads. I was surprised the rear went first but when I pulled them off they looked new.

One thing I noticed when I replaced the pads was that I can grab the whole wheel when it's up on a jack and slide it in and out along the axle (with the other wheel on the ground - i'm not moving the whole axle). Not much but enough to make a clunking sound each way. I've never noticed that on the road. Is that a normal amount of play? I'm wondering if its not a bad bushing then maybe a wheel bearing. I'm also getting the squeek at a once per wheel revolution at say 15-30mph (which is why i suspected brake pads).

I put my hitch in and then kicked on that to move the vehicle side-to-side I can replicate the squeeking sound. I'm by myself and haven't found a way to get under there to feel around while its swaying. I've got no knocking or clunking just squeeking.

Also, does anyone know if this would be covered by the lifetime powertrain warranty? I haven't yet had to test their generosity when it comes to gray areas like linkages or wheel bearings.
jsfrymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

its a trackbar issue. bushing is gone. cant get just the bushing, you have to replace the whole thing. its around $67 + shipping if i remember correctly
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
r1967a
1999 WJ 

ours has the same thing...i have kinda gotten use to it...either that or im going deaf...
r1967a is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.