Suspension "Chirp" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Suspension "Chirp"

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
84MSRB
1984 CJ7 

Suspension "Chirp"

Since winter is here, potholes and road-bound icebergs are everywhere here. Have been hearing a distinctive chirp in the front end when encountering either of these. Anybody else?

*2012 Liberty Latitude

84MSRB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

front sway bar bushings
get dirt etc in and when cold they squeak/chirp/bark/growl/moo/cluck or some noise like that
Unread 01-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
84MSRB
1984 CJ7 

Thanks. The CJ makes all kinds of strange noises, but it's a CJ. This thing is new. Had me wondering.
84MSRB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
glitterymindset

I have the same jeep and the problem. I have brought it to my local jeep dealer twice and nothing. The first time they said they heard it but could not duplicate it, although on the write up they said that the couldn't hear it at all... then I had to bring it back and they had it for 4 days and could not figure it out. I'm not impressed. It has 8,000 miles on it and it sounds like a 150,000+ beater. I notice it more when there is moisture in the air. Very frustrating either way. Have you figure out anything on how to fix it?
glitterymindset is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
freaky59
KK Liberty 

I have a 2013 and just noticed the same chirp this weekend. Any fixes?
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
freaky59
KK Liberty 

Sorry meant 2012.
Unread 03-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #7
paul99
2013 KK Liberty 

With only 2500 mi I also have a loud low pitch chirp going over a bump.sounds like right side undercarriage ,maybe exhaust hanger on rubber mount.When I bring to dealer for first oil change we know they will be no help till a tsb comes out,maybe next year LOL
paul99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #8
freaky59
KK Liberty 

Mine started when the snow and ice hit this year. When it dried up the chirp went away. Now when I go thru the car wash it will chirp for a day or two. It has something to do with the moisture. My dealer also could not find anything.
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #9
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

It's a Jeep not a Mercedes... It's gonna make a few squeaks and creaks. Start to question when it turns into knocks and grinding
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #10
freaky59
KK Liberty 

I understand its a jeep. But when u buy it new, spend 27 grand, have it 7 months and not even had off road it should not due that. What gets me is the service techs say they have never heard of this and its on several forums!!
Unread 03-28-2013, 02:38 AM   #11
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Try shooting some silicone lube spray in all the swaybar mount and endlink bushings. That was always the fix at the chevy dealer years ago.
I tore my link bushings up and they were clunking bad so I just removed the end links . My plan was to make a set of discos out of them but it drives real nice, so Im going to leave it discoed for a while.
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 04:02 AM   #12
freaky59
KK Liberty 

Great. Thanks for the info!!
Unread 03-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #13
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Was wondering would squirting a protectant like "armor all" on the rubber bushing help? Eventually, they will wear out and have to replace. If you decide to swap them out for poly urethane you can squirt any kind if lube spray on them they won't break down like rubber but give you a stiffer ride. Companies also make impreginated urethane bushings not sure if it is available for the Lib. a friend of mine told me about them years ago. It is something you can look into. I think there is a company called "Just suspension". It's just my 2 cents.
Unread 03-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #14
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

My favorite protectant/lubricant is Fluid Film. It's all over everything under my Jeep. First learned of it from old VW and lawn maintenance forums.
_benjammin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.