Strange noise when braking and turning - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Strange noise when braking and turning

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 12-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
Sgtpepper331

Strange noise when braking and turning

Hello!

I'm a recent new owner of a used 2008 Jeep Liberty. It currently has around 67K miles on it (7k of which are mine). Around 65K I noticed what was definitely the sounds of the brake pads squeaking. But, on top of that when I turn going maybe 20-25 MPH with my foot on the brake I hear a hollow "woo" noise. I figured that too was the pads. Took the Jeep to Firestone, they said my rotors were pretty much brand new and that I just needed to replace the pads. Replaced the pads, squeaking has gone away for the most part, the issue is now that if I drive long distances (over like 50 miles) or I drive aggressively, the woo noise still comes back when I turn with my foot on the brake.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Sgtpepper331 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.