stock suspension - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-11-2017, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Chereveco
2008 KK Liberty 

Garage
stock suspension

Hi there,

My KK is transmitting lots of harshness from the roads, also it bottoms it's suspension very easily, ( installed all 4 shocks 2 months ago, Monroe 71577 premiums ), they reduced the harshness feeling quite a bit and improved ride quality a lot, old ones were useless.

But I'm feeling that the springs are no longer in good conditions, so:

Where can I get some new springs ( hopefully a little bit stiffer than the OEM's )?

Will this solve the ongoing issue?

Roads around here are very bumpy...

Regards,

Neil Cordoba de Jongh
Costa Rica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-11-2017, 10:03 PM
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Look into Old Man Emu springs. They sell a 1" lift kit that improves the ride a lot and also provides more than 2" of extra clearance.

http://jeepinbyal.com/liberty-2008-2...ft-kit-kk.html

If you get this kit, you will want to sell those shocks you got recently because the ones that come with the kit will be much better. The kit needs longer than stock rear shocks anyway.

2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic
post #3 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 12:10 AM
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

OME 927 front and 731 rear springs. You can't run OME rear shocks anymore though. They discontinued the longer shocks. Bilstein is good, and they're pretty cheap too. Jeepinbyal.com has everything you need.

2011 KK - Skyslider - JBA Adjust-A-Strut - OME 731 - Bilstein Shocks - JBA UCA- 245/75-16 Duratracs

post #4 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Chereveco
2008 KK Liberty 

Garage
Thanks boys, I'll get some bilsteins and springs in a while, gonna beat up this shocks before getting those...

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Neil Cordoba de Jongh
Costa Rica
post #5 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Chereveco
2008 KK Liberty 

Garage
Bilsteins aren't too stiff?

Neil Cordoba de Jongh
Costa Rica
post #6 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 07:32 PM
Pine_Cat

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chereveco View Post
My KK is transmitting lots of harshness from the roads, also it bottoms it's suspension very easily, ( installed all 4 shocks 2 months ago, Monroe 71577 premiums ), they reduced the harshness feeling quite a bit and improved ride quality a lot, old ones were useless.

But I'm feeling that the springs are no longer in good conditions, so:

Where can I get some new springs ( hopefully a little bit stiffer than the OEM's )?

Will this solve the ongoing issue?
Now I understand, sorry about the late response.

The KK has a naturally harsh ride quality, so you'll want to soften it up as much as you can with quality shocks and struts. OMEs are a good choice because, instead of making them too firm, they use quality components to achieve control. The roads around here are harsh as well, but OMEs noticeably improved my ride quality. But it sounds like you're satisfied with the Monroes so you may want to continue with them.

Bilsteins could be harsh because in some vehicles they use a stronger gas charge as a low-cost way of achieving control. My factory limited shocks were too harsh and OMEs were an improvement.

If the roads around you are harsh enough to bottom, then you'll also like lifting your vehicle with OME springs, even though they're firmer than stock. I was not bottoming so I settled for a bit less lift to get H&R's improved sway control.

2017 JK Sahara (my Smart car)
2011 KK Liberty (H&R lift springs, OldManEmu shocks/struts, skinny 32s)
2009 Kia Sorento (H&R springs, ToyTec strut spacers, OldManEmu shocks/struts, skinny 31s)
2006 TJ budget LCG prerunner (see profile)
2006 Chevy Trailblazer (SWB-EXT lift, rear LJ Nth 4.5" springs, skinny 32s)
1998 Dodge Durango (SuspensionMaxx and Roadmaster lifts, rear Truetrac, skinny 32s)
post #7 of 8 Old 09-22-2017, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Chereveco
2008 KK Liberty 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine_Cat View Post
Now I understand, sorry about the late response.

The KK has a naturally harsh ride quality, so you'll want to soften it up as much as you can with quality shocks and struts. OMEs are a good choice because, instead of making them too firm, they use quality components to achieve control. The roads around here are harsh as well, but OMEs noticeably improved my ride quality. But it sounds like you're satisfied with the Monroes so you may want to continue with them.

Bilsteins could be harsh because in some vehicles they use a stronger gas charge as a low-cost way of achieving control. My factory limited shocks were too harsh and OMEs were an improvement.

If the roads around you are harsh enough to bottom, then you'll also like lifting your vehicle with OME springs, even though they're firmer than stock. I was not bottoming so I settled for a bit less lift to get H&R's improved sway control.
Thanks, I used to have a 2001 XJ, installed the set of 4 Yellow Bilsteins and it became to stiff... Extremely stiff, I ended installing Gabriel on the rear and Monroe Gas Magnum in the front and it improved a lot...

Neil Cordoba de Jongh
Costa Rica
post #8 of 8 Old 09-22-2017, 01:21 PM
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

The Bisteins ride great, have installed about 32-35 sets of them mixed with OME springs on Libertys and everyone likes the improved ride, not too stiff
Just get the right ones, some try to mix and match which doesn't work well

MUDD'S MOTORSPORTS
04 KJ JBA 4 IN COILOVER, 32s 4.10s
03 KJ JBA 2.5 T.C. LIFT, 31s 4.10s
05 KJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.