Stock side steps and corrosion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Stock side steps and corrosion

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
jscotts

Stock side steps and corrosion

Hi,

I have a 2008 KK with factory installed side steps. It seems as though the bolts that hold the plastic steps to the tubular steel are starting to corrode, it almost looks like the bolts might be aluminum and it is galvanic corrosion. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you fix it. I tried to remove one of the bolts but it just spun so I assume there must be a nut on the back side, and only accessable by taking an end cap off the tube.
I'm also working on replacement via the warranty but I assume it will just happen again.

Thanks

Scott

jscotts is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.